BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm with KanisX on the old Buggy/Wartrakk models. They're only good as spare parts. As for other Ork models, I can't stand the Tankhammer model for the Tankbustas, and something about the SAG Mek is a bit offputting, maybe it's just the head which bothers me, which can easily be replaced.

I don't have much love for the Venerable Dreadnought, although the FW ones look great, and I don't like the new Ironclad either. Wraithguard need some newer, more dynamic models. I love the guys but they're so static! Warp Spiders also have some pretty boring models. I can't stand just about anything from Witch Hunters, particularly the SoB sculpts which tend to suffer from the same problems I just mentioned. Necrons are also generally pretty poor, and not due to a lack of interest on my part - the artwork in the codex is downright chilling, and I wish even the basic Warrior model could live up to that. Wraiths, Flayed Ones, and Immortals are all good sculpts, but they're also all metal. I won't bother with Dark Eldar - just about the only mildly acceptable models in their army are Incubi and Raiders/Ravagers.

Battle-Brother

I really don't like the cut of the new ork models - too gorilla like. I have a stash of old orks and I am wondering what to do with them. I really like the Ork race and some of the vehicles, I always wanted to do a Speedfreak Army.

I really hate Chaos Terminators with massive great horns and tusks as well. That's my rant over..for now.
    "Victory does not always rest with the big guns: but if we rest in front of them we shall be lost." Commander Argentius - Silverskulls

Chaplain

Everything Dark Eldar!

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I find alot of them boring and overly-conventional *cough*tyranids*cough* , but I wouldnt say theres any I actually outright "hate".

Except..

for one...

The frackin' Lord of Change. I hate that model so much it makes me want to claw my eyes out, its like you got these awesome abstract Lovecraft nasties in the form of Screamers, horrors and my favourite, the flamers........then you got a big giant chicken, how you can combine the best daemons with the most generic, unoriginal and cliche pile of winged chicken poop like that is beyond me. They really should of made a giant horror with lots of ever-changing faces all over it instead, would of looked way cooler...

p.s. dont take my rants too seriously, I dont take myself seriously.

Veteran-Sergeant

lets see...

DE Wyches
    Harlequins
    old ork models (agree on all counts with KanisX)
    basic IG cadian troops (i think the big hands and feet look pretty corny)
    old necron models lol
    DE warriors
    old ogryns

I have to disagree with Drunkencorgimaster, no matter how cool he is for starting this thread. I have always liked the massive, bulky look of the powerfist. I respect the camp that thinks it makes marines look unbalanced, however they are wearing power armor... these guys are pretty darn strong. Its also a very fitting weapon for the space marine mentality.

Asymmetrical Xeno: lol you are so right!

Librarian

Default Coolness

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    lets see...

I have to disagree with Drunkencorgimaster, no matter how cool he is for starting this thread.

Anyone who says I am cool can disagree with me all they want. I respect your opinion on the Powerfist, a lot of people dig them.

Librarian

Default KFC Lord of Change

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I find alot of them boring and overly-conventional *cough*tyranids*cough* , but I wouldnt say theres any I actually outright "hate".

Except..

for one...

The frackin' Lord of Change. I hate that model so much it makes me want to claw my eyes out, its like you got these awesome abstract Lovecraft nasties in the form of Screamers, horrors and my favourite, the flamers........then you got a big giant chicken, how you can combine the best daemons with the most generic, unoriginal and cliche pile of winged chicken poop like that is beyond me. They really should of made a giant horror with lots of ever-changing faces all over it instead, would of looked way cooler...

Ha! I laughed out loud when I read this. It would almost be worth converting a little Colonel Sanders Inquistitor to take one on with.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post

You just mentioned it. The greater demons are half-fantasy/half-40k mischmasch, which just don't fit.

The juggernaut of Khorne is one of these things, too. Just weird, when a demon rides a steam-driven "horse" (or whatever a juggernaut may be), while tanks and jetbikes drive around them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    old necron models lol

hehe interesting there, I like thed the oldschool immortals, warriors and the Lord still looks cool today IMO, I thought they were pretty cool, but the scarabs and especially the destroyer were awful, I can however toally see where your coming from even if I like a few of those models . Allthough its probably down to a case of nostalgia on my part as they were some of the first models I ever bought hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    You just mentioned it. The greater demons are half-fantasy/half-40k mischmasch, which just don't fit.

The juggernaut of Khorne is one of these things, too. Just weird, when a demon rides a steam-driven "horse" (or whatever a juggernaut may be), while tanks and jetbikes drive around them.
    I dunno, its not really the fantasy/40k thing, more just a combo of imagery that doesnt work (at least for me).

The daemonettes make me laugh though, they dress the same way as Goth chicks I know
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 08-05-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Librarian

Ironclad Dread, the fists and chainsaw it comes with is way to big, Tom and Jerry hk missiles oversized feet etc.

Vulkan He'stan too many weird bitz on him e.g. firey salamander head. flamer hand loooks bad etc.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast