BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Scout

Default Wrong!

There is customer support which is another part of the sale pal...and you know what they arent adhering to it..cripes if your mantra is superior customer support in relation to a "life time hobby" then uphold your part of the bargain and listen to complaints about past investment and constant phase out.
    Its like im in a freaking Ayn Rand dystopia here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    I think we all need to Embrace the Horror.

I wish I'd had the privilege of befriending the true face of horror.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Languin View Post
    There is customer support which is another part of the sale pal...and you know what they arent adhering to it..cripes if your mantra is superior customer support in relation to a "life time hobby" then uphold your part of the bargain and listen to complaints about past investment and constant phase out.
    Its like im in a freaking Ayn Rand dystopia here.
    Customer support means supporting a customer, when you buy a model that doesn't work as intended, then yes, that's a customer service issue.

A company bringing out a new game when you liked the old one isn't. Nothing Randian about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Languin View Post
    (victim blaming isnt just relegated to rape and i have no idea where you got that in this context)
    I didn't say it was only used in cases of rape but that the most common usage was for victims of that crime.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-29-2015 at 08:58 AM.

My only words on this are simply: if you feel you can do better then do so. This is the internet age... self publication is very easy. Write your version of 40k, then push it out to the masses. If its truly good and sticks, you will have a great product. If not, then it will fall on its face.

A community edition of anything is hard because the community has 100 different ideas about what 40k should be. I think a community edition of 40k is destined to be stillborn. I thnk you're better off writing a sci-fi set of rules that any models can use, then try to market it on your own.

Let it stand on its own and be judged by its own merits.

Quote Originally Posted by sfshilo View Post
    40k does NOT scale down well to 500 points.
    Agreed. 40k is pretty horrible at 500 or 1000 points. We had a 1000 point escalation league won by an eldar player who figured out that 3 wraith knights at 1000 points would win him games.

Brother-Sergeant

(A) In my experience 40k plays perfectly well at the 500 pts patrol / kill team level.

(B) 30K is going to be the AoS style simple intro / feeder game for both 40K and Forge Worlds Heresy version.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Agreed. 40k is pretty horrible at 500 or 1000 points. We had a 1000 point escalation league won by an eldar player who figured out that 3 wraith knights at 1000 points would win him games.
    You need to remember the caveat about not playing with dickholes

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Subs View Post
    (A) In my experience 40k plays perfectly well at the 500 pts patrol / kill team level.

(B) 30K is going to be the AoS style simple intro / feeder game for both 40K and Forge Worlds Heresy version.
    small scale 40k works well with combat patrol or similar restrictions. It can get silly when it's wide open. And a small scale 30k intro game does sound like a good place to start.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    There are genuine reasons to be disapointed with Age of Sigmar, it doesn't offer the experience some hobbyists will want, however, this is the game GW want to make and they want to appeal to the type of customer that enjoys that type of game.

There are options for you if you're one of these hobbyists who is no longer able to enjoy the game GW makes. Raging about it achieves nothing. Going on and on and on about how GW is a crap company achieves nothing.

The odd thing is people feel entitled to rage and shout and scream about these things, they have a really odd view of how the customer/supplier dynamic works.

A company has to supply a product that works as promised, when you buy a rulebook and some models from GW, that's what they've done. Supplied you with a rulebook and some models, if the models were faulty or miscast, you'd be entitled to a replacement or a refund. If the rules were misprinted or missing pages, again, refund or replacement. (incidentally, part of one of my Realmgates, which are made in China, was missing from the bag, GW sent out a full box to replace them without delay, this is the second refund or replacement I've had to get off GW in the last 4 years and both were on terrain kits made in China)

You're not entitled for that game to stay on the shelves forever and ever, you don't get to decide how long Games Workshop have to wait before they change things.

If you don't like a new game or a new model or how they release new rules, you don't have to buy it. That is all you are entitled to, you have the right to withdraw your custom.

You have the right to go to another company, Mantic's Kings of War is a mass unit based fantasy wargame, designed in part by one of the team that made stuff from Fantasy. Avatar's of War make Warthrone, there at 8 editions of Warhammer Fantasy that all still work fine.
    I think that you are extrapolating too much regarding my original post and projecting AoS Internet Hate onto what I'm trying to say. Yes, I dislike AoS and I openly said so. Yes, I don't want 40k to become AoS, and I said so. I also said that it is my firm belief that that is what is gonna happen in the near future anyway. But, and here is where I don't think I qualify as the Hater/Complainer, I'm not complaining to GW or trying to get them to give me what I want and damn the rest. They are gonna do what they're gonna do, which is a mistake in my view, but that's a topic perhaps best for another thread. I'm just not with them on this one. If (I say when) they change 40k to a AoS style set, I'm not not participating and will stick with 7th edition. I'm not quiting the hobby. I enjoy it too much, and they are not the boss of me. But the difference is I'm not raging against the machine or throwing a fit or trying to get GW to change their ways. I'm old and wise enough to know that it doesn't work and ultimately doesn't matter.

I'm just saying I'll be sticking with 7th and still enjoying the hobby, and I was wondering if there others out there that would be too. If so, and there were enough of us, perhaps we could tweak it here and there together to better resemble the designers' visions of how it should be before they were all jettisoned and the marketing guys started layering crap over it that is obviously only meant to upsell, sell, sell, sell! 40k is on the same path in this regards that Fantasy ended on and it only ends one way. You need to wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch. And if you must reboot it, why not use the exact model that you just created for Fantasy to better tie them together? The CEO straight up confirmed this in writing after I originally posted. What I don't think fans realize is just how far along the process really is. I predict that whatever remaining codexes we get this year will be the last ones.

Time will tell I guess. Either way, I have armies planned and assembled that should keep me converting and painting for half a decade to come at least. I'm good. Just wondering if there is a possibility that 7th may live on as a smash underground hit in the same way D&D 3.5 did.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast