Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
This is not a shrinking market.
Having gone to at least 4 (UK) games clubs in the last 5 years, I have seen all these newer games you are on about. It is not a shrinking market, no.

But the common factor I have observed, is that the older, established gamers, are the ones playing the newer games. The new gamers who don't have a link to the club - be it Dad, brother, whatever: Are playing the entry level drug provided by GW.

GW doesn't care one jot for vets, the reason being, after a level of saturation in the wargaming hobby (as opposed to 'The Hobby' as GW states), you don't need GW. You know where to get cheaper paints, cheaper tools, other miniatures, your army is mostly complete. GW grows the market, but deliberately targets the newer players. The new smaller gamer companies with no shareholders to please can do funky crowd pleasing stuff that GW has long dispensed with.

I am not commenting on whether I think this is sensible or not. But I think the fact they are increasing profit is their main objective - and you can read from the financial statement that NOW is when Rountree wants to grow sales, so maybe we'll see some change.