BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Other ways to play #2 - Path to Glory, AoS edition

How do?

So as part of my efforts to chronicle the emerging AoS background, I last night read 'Under The Black Thumb'. You can find a brief write up type thing in the Background Discussion board just below this one.

And there were moments in that story that cast my mind back to the old Path to Chaos (possibly Path to Glory, can't rightly remember) system that GW released in WD about 10 or so years ago.

In short, it was a progressive campaign system designed for use with very few models. As your Warband progressed, your force enlarged. The more successful you were, the more Favour points you accrued. These could be used to gain additional rolls on the new unit table, or crucially, to alter the results of said rolls, allowing you to pick a more tailored force.

This was great fun, and because it involved few necessary purchases, pretty damned accessible.

[url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/15921196/Path-to-Glory#scribd]And after a cursory Google, found the original rules here[/url].

Now, I know of several people in my local area looking to get into AoS, and this has made me think an adaptation of Path to Glory might be an interesting way for people to play as they gather their forces.

Chaos one is pretty much as it stands, but with 'Edition Drift' (and what a Drift) tweaks to bring it into line with the new rules.

Other races? Yeah, not as straight forward, but still very doable.

Anyone else given this a bash yet? Anyone interested in suggesting table results?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

i remember creating something similar for 40k years ago - it was great!
    would be interested in a similar thing for AoS, a progressive campaign is exactly what i'm(we're) after to get involved.

I remember this old set. It should be easily adaptable to any army. For fluff purposes for non-Chaos, it's just heroes of a particular people wandering the realms, fighting back against Chaos, and gathering a growing warband to back him/her. Easy to explain.

Might be a bit rougher to balance with some forces, like Ogres or Stormcast Eternals, where basic models are multi-wound and a lot more potent than basic Marauders.

We have a small version of this going only using our comp. Warbands for us are our smallest tier (10 pts).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Anyone else given this a bash yet? Anyone interested in suggesting table results?
    I know a guy who has already converted it, I'll talk with him about sharing what he's got with you guys, no promises :P

That's be cool
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks