Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
It's a hard spot to be in... If I don't buy stuff, they claim there's no support for the games, and then the games can be killed off. If I do buy stuff, then it's claimed that everything is okay and there's no need to fix anything. So, at best, you can try to voice your concerns with the company while supporting the games. The extremists on either side won't get how that can work - you're either "pro-GW" or "anti-GW" in their mind, and that means you either love it all or hate it all. I'm in the middle.
It really isn't that hard. Cut them. Let them reap what they have sown. You will feel much better for it. Don't support them at all. It will have to get damn dark before the dawn. You have to remember that the only actual value in that company is the IP and the nostalgia of the players. They have forgotten that. Let them go, the more people the better. Let them drown and cut product after product. Think of it like slash and burn agriculture. Once they crash, they will come around and not before. It may mean we have to let our favorite games go for awhile, but rest-assured they will be back (just like the damn Twinkies in the United States). I'm neither pro nor con GW. I am just a consumer (one of many) who no longer feels they provide what I want. I don't give them my money. I advise other people not to give them their money. The only power we, as the consumer, have is to cut them off and let them starve. The creature that rises from the ashes will be that beautiful bird we recall from days gone by. If it doesn't rise, could it really be considered a loss? The hobby isn't Games Workshop. They are just a vendor, one of many. The hobby is war gaming. It will always be around and there will always be other vendors.