BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Conversion parts question - advice appreciated

Chaps

I am going to make some deathwatch scouts. I want to use Telion, but want him to look like Scout Sergeant Cyrus from the DoWII games.

Can anybody advise a head for swap that looks like Cyrus - I don't want to be greenstuffing/sculpting, hoping to go simple.

Will try and get a picture of cyrus up later.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Hmm, having just googled Cyrus, that is a tricky head to look for- both long hair on a Marine (rare enough by itself) and an augmetic eye. I will have a look. Hmmm.....

[url]http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/blood-angels-tactical-squad-bare-head-p-2022[/url]

This is the closest I've found so far, although the hair is a bit short, and you would have to paint the beard on. Looking at the images of Cyrus though, his beard is very close cut, so painting would work for that.

Ok, so I was thinking that maybe you could cheat and use a hooded head to show him when he is infiltrating with his camo cloak in use which would hide his hair, but apparently the entirety of the Dark Angels Chapter only ever gets their right eye poked out. Annoying.
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-29-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

Wow good shout Haighus, I see what you mean about painted beard!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Hope it helps There is a hooded Anvil Industries head as part of a 5-pack with a left bionic eye if you would prefer to go that route:
    [url]http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Heads-helmets-crests/Hooded-Heads-Character[/url]
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

You could try this Eldar head (Heresy, I know). You would need to greenstuff the eye though, but on the upside- the hair and face shape are pretty close.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warhammer-40k-Bitz-Eldar-Guardian-Squad-Head-C.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	15267

mm, you might have to fatten up the cheeks a bit too.
    na na na na na... wut?