BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Unavailable on GW UK website...

This was pointed out to me by a friend. Marked as sold out and unavailable.

Don't recall a hard copy, non-limited edition codex 'selling out'.

Dare we read something into this?

Will Chaos get to compete with pointy ear D-spammers and resurrecting toast racks?

Free rhinos in a formation?

Take 3 Heldrakes and get a S10 apocalypse teardrop?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Or maybe they'll just lose plague zombies and the thing where giving your Lord a Mark makes the related Elites into Troops.

Still on US site:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Codex-Chaos-Space-Marines-EN[/url]

Likely an issue like the Realmgate, where they temporarily sold out, but someone hit the wrong button and set the status to showing as no longer available instead of just temporarily out of stock.

The English language version has gone from the Belgian website (probably supplied from UK) but the French version is still available. So I would go with Erik's explanation as the most likely.

Hazarding a guess from the boring behind-the-scenes side of working on web stores... I imagine they have two very similar statuses for temporarily sold out and permanently sold out, and it's a bit too easy for one of them to be accidentally triggered, creating confusion and panic in the community (as we saw with the Realmgates). Probably something they should look into fixing, likely not even a hard fix.

Having something like that "unavailable" in the UK just because it's sold out is more likely than anywhere else to trigger concern, since that's where (presumably) all products are created, so they should have the quickest access to replacements.

But yeah, probably just something in the back end they need to take a look at. I'm hoping they have someone in their IT/Marketing division who's smart enough to catch on, especially if people are emailing them about this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for the boring commentary... That kind of stuff relates to my job and I actually kind it kind of fascinating, even more so since I've been one of the guys who works on the guts and now am a front-end worker and "strategist." I know, most of you don't care about how web stores work and all. :-P

Don't believe in a CSM codex anytime soon. Would mess up with Khorne Daemonkin and the rumored Tzeentch Daemonkin and confuse a lot of people as we would see different points and stats for the same models which happen to be also battlebrothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Don't believe in a CSM codex anytime soon. Would mess up with Khorne Daemonkin and the rumored Tzeentch Daemonkin and confuse a lot of people as we would see different points and stats for the same models which happen to be also battle brothers.
    You mean like Space marine scouts and Blood Angel scouts?

Several of the hard back codexes have sold out previously and been replaced by paperback versions: Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus, and Tau. I believe simalar happened to the fantasy books over last year: Tomb kings and Warriors of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    You mean like Space marine scouts and Blood Angel scouts?
    No, I mean like World eater Khorne Berzerkers and World eater Khorne Brzerkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I know, most of you don't care about how web stores work and all. :-P
    Welcome to that part of the internet where people discuss GW. You seem to be new here. Everyone is very interested in the minutiae of the GW webstore, as is obvious from the fact that this is a thread on the forum ...