BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You can always out penis the penis.....

Someone planning summoning lols? Do they think simply spamming you is tactical genius? Got a dodgy interpretation?

Simply point out that Wizards can only cast spells that are on their warscroll. So they may well claim to know every single summoning spell ever....shame they can't ever actually attempt to cast them
    I want to agree with you... I really do... But all summoning spells say something like...
    Chaos Wizards know the Summon Herald of Nurgle spell, in addition to any others they know.
    Now a lot of house rules require you to bring the warscroll to summon... But when you just read the the warscrolls all the wizards know all the summons...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

They can if they're in range of a Garden of Morr - but even then it's only Zombies.
    I appreciate that you are deliberately attempting to be the world's second biggest git, but you're not being consistent about it. The spell on the Garden of More warscroll is not on the Wizard's warscroll.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Oh? Where does it say that?
    Only inside his head

All in the wording

Casting Spells

All Wizards can use the spells described below, as well as any spells listed on their Warscroll.

And a fair point about the Garden of Morr. It uses the same wording, albeit with an additional caveat, to other spells listed on random unit Warscrolls....

Deathly Awakening
    Wizards from your army know the following spell, in addition to other spells they know, whilst they are within 3" of the Garden of Morr.

So knowing a spell is not the same thing as being able to cast it.

If you're setting out to rules lawyer your way to victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I confused the wording of Numinous Occulum with the Garden of Morr (read them in quick succession)

Magical Fulcrum
    Wizards within 3" of the globe on a Numinous Occulum can attempt to cast the Piercing the Veil in addition to any other spells they are normally allowed to attempt in their hero phase.

So that one specifically states you can cast the additional spell.

No.

I am not proud of myself.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

So no wizard will ever cast any summons spells then? They "know" them all... But can't cast them?

Bingo
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Bingo
    I like your style...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Only inside his head
    I thought Mystery was still talking about the need to "take a warscroll" to gain the spell.

The difference between knowing and using a spell is, while being insane nonsense, obviously less imaginary.

Not nonsense.

Truth.

You can never summon unless the summoning spell is on your Warscroll.

Brother-Sergeant

Not nonsense.

Truth.

You can never summon unless the summoning spell is on your Warscroll.
    Do you have summoning? I don't... So who cares... If the enemy I'm fighting decides to summon... I will have thanquol and his grey seers summon every demon... But not til after we have a roll off whether summoning is legal or not :-P

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast