BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeVVatkins View Post
    You can't stop a caster that doesn't want to be stopped... Aka boards edges... Stay max range to get off summons. .
    But summoning spells tend to have a limited range, so they're keeping their new units held well back as well. And then you just set up a "fort" and let them come to you and grind them up and laugh maniacally.

    That last part is purely optional.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    That last part is purely optional.
    Does it give you a bonus?

  3. #13

    Default

    You can agree with your opponent when to end the game before hand, you can just use 40k's variable mission ending too where after turn X you start rolling.

    You don't have to play until someone is tabled.

    If you're having problems with people summoning models talk to them about it before hand, use jezzails or something to shoot their wizards, unbind their summoning spells, etc etc.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    But summoning spells tend to have a limited range, so they're keeping their new units held well back as well. And then you just set up a "fort" and let them come to you and grind them up and laugh maniacally.

    That last part is purely optional.
    Laughing maniacally is never optional!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  5. #15
    Chapter-Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    12,046

    Default

    the game is over when I pry the dice from your cold, dead fingers.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

  6. #16

    Default

    So I can't get to summoner til turn 2... He is just to far away... So he gets off 4 summons... 4 extra units... You expect a non summoner to kill all that? I think there has to be house rule of starting turn 3 game ends on 5+ or something...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

  7. #17

    Default

    But seriously.

    The game ends when your opponent lies beaten, bloodied and broken upon the floor, spine shattered, skull cracked and his teeth readied for use as next week's dice, a mewling, quivering lump of bruised and batter flesh, begging for mercy.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Laughing maniacally is never optional!
    Well, at least *I've* been doing it right, then...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the game is over when I pry the dice from your cold, dead fingers.
    I think I'd fight harder if someone threatened me with that. You want to take my TV from my cold, dead fingers? Fine. You want to touch my dice? Oh heck no, that's asking for the fury of the gods!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But seriously.

    The game ends when your opponent lies beaten, bloodied and broken upon the floor, spine shattered, skull cracked and his teeth readied for use as next week's dice, a mewling, quivering lump of bruised and batter flesh, begging for mercy.
    So a summoning army always wins... :-( I have no chance unless game ends early...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    You can agree with your opponent when to end the game before hand, you can just use 40k's variable mission ending too where after turn X you start rolling.

    You don't have to play until someone is tabled.

    If you're having problems with people summoning models talk to them about it before hand, use jezzails or something to shoot their wizards, unbind their summoning spells, etc etc.
    I know how to fight against it... But if they bring casters... You can't stop them from summoning... That's why I'm asking about the rules on ending the battle...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

  10. #20

    Default

    I'd say that after killing 100% of your opponents starting force you could call the game on the grounds of a destroyed foe. If/when your opponent disagrees, make it a roll off (as mentioned at the end of the rules) and see if you can claim a minor victory.

    The victory conditions read as two separate things. Destroy the foe OR remove all enemy models. As opposed to something like destroy the foe BY removing all enemy models...

    Reading the two conditions as one negates any tactics needed since a summoner would only be limited by his or her wallet. Though gw is probably cool with that. However, being 2 seperate win conditions means a summoner has to think before hand about what they want to summon and when they'll do it because (as described) they dont count towards your starting model count but DO count towards casualties. Same applies for reinforcements and reincarnation.

    Sorry but a non summoning army will not stand a chance against a summoning army otherwise. I run Lizardmen... er, Seraphon and I can wreck an opponent first turn by summoning additional summoners and entire army first turn. That on top me most likely having gotten a sudden death bonus on you because you out numbered me a third based on our starting model count.

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •