BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If you get a wizard within 18", you can try to stop them. Just roll 2D6, try to beat their roll. But heck, it's not like they can hide their caster, and you can snipe it ridiculously easy.

It really depends on the type of army you have. You could try a lot of missile fire, some units that have crushing charges (Ogres, Knights, etc.), casters of your own... Heck, if you have the models, join in and make it a summoning spree.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If you get a wizard within 18", you can try to stop them. Just roll 2D6, try to beat their roll. But heck, it's not like they can hide their caster, and you can snipe it ridiculously easy.

It really depends on the type of army you have. You could try a lot of missile fire, some units that have crushing charges (Ogres, Knights, etc.), casters of your own... Heck, if you have the models, join in and make it a summoning spree.
    So they do hide their caster... Behind a house... He summons 4 units... Or more...only chance of have is to wipe him off the board or hope the game ends early... That's why I'm asking about 100% casualties being an army destroyed...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

Well, the game can end whenever you both can agree on it ending. You should probably agree to a turn limit before the game starts. Otherwise, it can drag on all day.

Then if he insists on summoning so much, you win because you killed 378% of his starting models.

Heck, technically, there's nothing that says you can't just bring on units from reserve any time you want. There's no set definition of what an "army" is, so if you have models with you at the game, and you have the rules for them on hand, it's perfectly legal to count them as reserves and bring them on, with the same stipulation that summoned models have of them not counting for purposes of killing percentage. (Indeed, this can lead to a game ending with one player winning by killing 825% of the opposing force as opposed to his opponent killing 566% of his force.)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Well, the game can end whenever you both can agree on it ending. You should probably agree to a turn limit before the game starts. Otherwise, it can drag on all day.

Then if he insists on summoning so much, you win because you killed 378% of his starting models... I've said it a bunch on the forums... To agree on how many things a caster can summon... And agree to start rolling when game ends after turn 2... 6.. Turn 3 5+... So on and so on...

Heck, technically, there's nothing that says you can't just bring on units from reserve any time you want. There's no set definition of what an "army" is, so if you have models with you at the game, and you have the rules for them on hand, it's perfectly legal to count them as reserves and bring them on, with the same stipulation that summoned models have of them not counting for purposes of killing percentage. (Indeed, this can lead to a game ending with one player winning by killing 825% of the opposing force as opposed to his opponent killing 566% of his force.)
    Bahaha... I love you... But we do play wound battles... So only allowed to bring say 50wounds...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I my post got lost... About agreeing on ammount of summoning a wizard can do before the game... As in a caster can only have one unit under its control... And agreeing on game length... Turn 2 6+... Turn 3 5+...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

Okay, so you're limiting it already, then... which should mitigate most of the problem.

If not, just fight fire with fire.

You can always out penis the penis.....

Someone planning summoning lols? Do they think simply spamming you is tactical genius? Got a dodgy interpretation?

Simply point out that Wizards can only cast spells that are on their warscroll. So they may well claim to know every single summoning spell ever....shame they can't ever actually attempt to cast them
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You can Simply point out that Wizards can only cast spells that are on their warscroll. So they may well claim to know every single summoning spell ever....shame they can't ever actually attempt to cast them
    Oh? Where does it say that?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Rules for casting spells
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Rules for casting spells
    So necromancer's can't actually summon anything?

Glad we got that sorted out
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

They can if they're in range of a Garden of Morr - but even then it's only Zombies.

And even then, only if you insist on being a WAAC bellend and placing your victory of higher importance than an enjoyable game.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast