BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Story telling in Old Who was vastly superior to anything RTD managed to pen. I'll always be thankful to him for resurrecting it, but jeez he wrote some absolute drivel.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yeah, he did have some doozies... And I'm still not fond of the forced relationship with Rose and the crazy way they tried to make the fans happy. Still, other people were writing some episodes even during his time.

I also want to make sure no one thinks I have a problem with the zaniness of Classic Who. I loved it! It was fun, and I'm quite happy seeing some of it show up again. I like them letting Capaldi be serious *and* a bit crazy (in a good way). I'd also like to see them bring back Gallifrey finally, because trying to make Doctor Who dark and edgy with that story line has been played out by now... I like some scary stories in the show, I like some serious, but making things *that* dark just seems weird. It's a freaking family-friendly show. Did we really need the main hero to commit genocide? (Worse, genocide of the Time Lords and Daleks, also known as the Doctor's own species and his top enemy, who are both kind of important to the series, hence why the Daleks keep being brought back. It's like trying to bring back Star Trek with the Federation and Klingons having wiped themselves out, but at least Kirk's still alive! Again. Or something.)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Space: Above and Beyond.

I think you'll find I win the thread.

Well, I would if we were discussing brilliant sci-fi nobody remembers
    Hey I remember that show! Wish it had lasted longer!!!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I'd also like to see them bring back Gallifrey finally, because trying to make Doctor Who dark and edgy with that story line has been played out by now...
    Bleh. It'd be ridiculously hard to compile a ranked list of Moffat's failures during his tenure as Top Whomaker, what with the breadth and depths of material to sift through, but resurrecting Gallifrey is easily #1. Torpedoed the whole rebooted series' rationale.

It was a silly rationale.

The Doctor needs Gallifrey. The Time Lords periodic meddling was fun to watch.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516