BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

it doesn't look to me like any current tau gun, I think it is something new. doubt it is specifically anti aircraft either, that would be a massive waste on a big suit like that. probably some sort of artillery or heavy anti tank.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah, never skip leg day

the legs look ok to me in the earlier preview

Attachment 15299

what size base is that though I wonder? 160mm round? 130?
    that actually doesn't look too bad, the torso and the legs(sorta) reminds me off Rex from Metal Gear Solid

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it doesn't look to me like any current tau gun, I think it is something new. doubt it is specifically anti aircraft either, that would be a massive waste on a big suit like that. probably some sort of artillery or heavy anti tank.
    I highly doubt they're dedicated AA. They're by far the biggest weapon on this thing, so (presumably) are its main weapon system and purpose. It's not like the Tau need a walker bigger than anything they've currently got that is mainly for AA.

Chapter-Master

yup, exactly

Battle-Brother

Speaking as a Tau player (who hasn't really been playing them for a while admittedly)

Those guns are very VERY similar to the R'varna's pulse submunition cannons, I've got one of those on my desk, the structures of the gun are near identical.

So, based off that concept, I'm picturing either Massive Blast or Apocalyptic barrage template weapons, very long ranged. for breaking up horde armies for the rest of its army to kill.

Don't expect Strength D, that's not really the style of Pulse Submunitions. expect increasing quantities of wounds based on what it's hitting, maybe S10 at the highest profile.

I'm tentatively going to say Apocalyptic Barrage(3), since it's fairly normal for multiple weapons to represent the number of shots fired.

I also anticipate the secondary weapons being able to target independently of the main guns and each other. those burst cannon turrets look like they should target different things at once.
    The missile pods maybe the same deal.

It's either a Gargantuan Creature or Superheavy walker, either way, 12" movement, no jetpack.
    This is in the same school of thought as the Broadside battlesuit, a large relatively slow but still mobile artillery piece for engaging at maximum range.

I like it, though the main cannons look a bit silly to me, realistically why would you mount such large guns on a walking platform when a mobile artillery superheavy skimmer might make a better platform in virtually every way?

Chapter-Master

it is similar, certainly quite similar to R'alai's experimental submunitions rifle. still quite a few differences though. I do think it will be something along those lines however.

It does look pretty cool, although it's a bit weird seeing Tau suit-size climb higher and higher - I always viewed battlesuit tech as more of a Starship Troopers novel deal than straight-up mecha. Their emphasis on countering Titans with aircraft always struck me as a fun twist on 40k's norms.

Still, cool models is cool models.

Chapter-Master

yeah, the aircraft thing is cool, but doesn't translate well to the tabletop. though a plastic tiger shark would be awesome.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com/2015/07/forge-world-open-day-2015-picture-heavy.html"]Recalcitrant Daze[/URL] 8-7-2015

More Tau KX-139 Ta'unar Supremacy Battle Suit Pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan107.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	15336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taututan106.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	15337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taututan106.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	15337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan102.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	15338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan103.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	15339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan108.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	15340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan109.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	15341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan110.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	15342
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan104.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	15334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tautitan105.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	15335  
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

I'm pre-ordering this puppy day one!
    That is all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast