BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another Sigmar thread

Got a starter set in the mail as a commission, getting started. The client wants the set finished for when he returns home in a few weeks, so its on to batch processing the armies!

I decided to part them out as two separate sets, the Stormcast Eternals and the Khorne armies, and build and paint them separately. My client wanted them to have standard paint jobs as pictured in the rules and website, so I set about with the Stormcast first by building the army to completion.

After that, I got my rulers out, and some Chaos Black primer, and made the house unusable for a bit:

Before getting the batch process started, I finished one mini to completion, a random Retributor that just happened to be closest to me when I picked one. So I painted him totally up and emailed the client, and he was happy with the result, so its now on to painting the whole army up to this standard! I'll take better shots once the set is complete.

Check out the blog of unceasing fun, defiantworkshop.blogspot.com!

Looks like a great start. What are you doing with the bases though?

He hasn't specified yet. Its supposed to be a simple basing, so it won't be mind-blowing I'm sure.

Occuli Imperator

Oh looks pretty
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Nice!

Will keep a watch out for further developments.

Quick update. You can see more WIP pics on my [URL="http://defiantworkshop.blogspot.com"]blog[/URL], but here are some of the finished Stormcast Eternals thus far. Better "finished" pics will come when they're all done, these are just the shots I'm sending the client to keep him updated.

I'm happiest with the flames on the candles of the Lord Relictor. You can sorta see it in the pics, but when the light hits the clear effects, especially in motion, it lights up great.

Very nice work.

I see you have gone with a brown base. I'm still undecided between brown and grey.

Thanks. I actually highlight up to Administratum Gray on the base, to set the grass off a bit...with plain browns, it kind of blends in a bit. Bringing it up to gray brings the greenish tint out of the grass piles.

Finished up the Stormcasts, here are some of the showcase pics...you can see the whole batch of em [url=http://defiantworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/08/army-showcase-stormcast-eternals-games.html]here[/url].

Very nice!

Mine are taking way too long to paint... and I'm a bit fearful of how to handle painting the large shields and shoulder pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast