BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I'm still tempted by Stormcast Eternals...

I like painting Metallics, and they certainly look impressive on the table.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I love the Eternals, I'm still not sure how to paint mine other than I want a fire element to them. I need to finish my tomb kings serpent host before starting another army though /responsible-collector/
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Wildybeast I think it's ok not to like AoS it's just that it's become tedious hearing it from some people in every thread that is vaguely contected to it ( not that I'd have suggested you'd been doing that) also it it is interesting that quite a few people seem to have had their lives ruined by its release despite the fact they seemed to show no interest in WFB beforehand ( again not really yourself though). It's become a bit like the gaming hipster thing with the squats if everyone who claimed to have had a squat army actually had one there would of have been nothing but squats (there wasn't I was there). Similarly if all these people had been buying these vast WFB armies they claim this wouldn't have happened. Yes Big-Mini (GW) does need to take some of the blame but all of the righteous indignation does seem to sound a little hollow in some cases.
    I'm not going to ***** about the death of Warhammer as 1) no one cares and 2) I've had my grieving period and moved onto KoW which seems to be fulfilling a lot of my war gaming needs. AoS is making some people happy and good for them, it's a shame that it couldn't exist alongside Warhammer, but there we go. I just get narked at the apparently celebratory mood some people seem to have over the end of Warhammer and the fact that people are retrospectively blaming it on the people who were actually playing it and buying the models. Because clearly the people supporting it were the reason the game failed.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm not going to ***** about the death of Warhammer as 1) no one cares and 2) I've had my grieving period and moved onto KoW which seems to be fulfilling a lot of my war gaming needs. AoS is making some people happy and good for them, it's a shame that it couldn't exist alongside Warhammer, but there we go. I just get narked at the apparently celebratory mood some people seem to have over the end of Warhammer and the fact that people are retrospectively blaming it on the people who were actually playing it and buying the models. Because clearly the people supporting it were the reason the game failed.
    i can relate with alot of what you're saying. Just recently got back into fantasy just before the end times started, spent around 1000$ since and now it's dead. Still not sure how i feel about everything but being 'called' an idiot in podcasts and videos i watch/listen to because i dare being upset adds to the negativity alot.

i've tried to keep an open mind. I was even possibly thinking of getting some of the new 'aelfs' when they're released but i think i'll just take a step back and focus on getting back into 40k and taking a step into 30k. Atleast i Think i can feel safe starting 40k seeing as it's the GW money maker.

Hopefully they won't kill that... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    ... I just get narked at the apparently celebratory mood some people seem to have over the end of Warhammer and the fact that people are retrospectively blaming it on the people who were actually playing it and buying the models. Because clearly the people supporting it were the reason the game failed.
    I know - some weird psychology going on there, ... just for conversations sake, it seems to be a BOLS phenomenon that I can see. Not happening this way on Warseer.

First-Captain

No one said that Fantasy players killed Fantasy, they said the fact there weren't enough people playing fantasy did, whether you blame GW for encouraging big games or the players for refusing not to be dickheads and using 60-100 strong infantry units all the time which is what created the barrier for new people.

I barely played either of my fantasy armies because I didn't want to have to paint 150 goblins just for one unit and playing with small units against big ones was an exercise in futility. That was the players, not the company, GW could have stopped it by adding in unit caps or something but they didn't, but players didn't either.

No one is happy Fantasy is dead, they're happy they have a new, accessible, fun game they can play with their models. I've been able to play more Warhammer because of Age of Sigmar than I have in the last 5 years. That's what people are happy about.

Why people have the need to post in a thread about products for a game they don't play just to complain about it boggles the mind.

Go play Kings of War and try and convince yourself you're having a good time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Why people have the need to post in a thread about products for a game they don't play just to complain about it boggles the mind.
    Because you and others were poking fun at those people who were unhappy about the death of Warhammer. I would have thought that was obvious when I quoted your comment. I'm not sure what that had to with new AoS products, but since you started it, I felt it only fair I was allowed a rebuttal. If you don't want people complaining, then how about you don't give them cause to do so in the first place.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

First-Captain

Sorry, i'll refrain from making any jokes from now on.

Srs bsnss.

Chapter-Master

Make all the jokes you want, just expect people to respond if they don't agree with them.

[removed]

More to the topic... I think it's valid for people to remark about products for any game, whether they play the game or not. Perhaps it speaks to why they don't play the game, their distaste for certain products. Either way, it's conversation, shouldn't just be limited to the cheerleaders alone, and if people would stop trying to say others are "stupid" or "wrong" because they have a different opinion, maybe the people who don't play AoS might help those who do play it understand why someone wouldn't, which would then help those who play figure out how to work out better arguments to attract new players. (And I hate that run-on sentence, but I think it got the point across.)

Can't really do much about trolls anywhere, because they'll do their best to rile people up and feed the negativity for their own enjoyment, though there's an Ignore feature that should help.
    Last edited by The Girl; 08-06-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast