BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 30k Legion Astartes Vigilator question

Can Vigilators confer the infiltrate special rule onto units they attach to? Based on 7th Edition rules I can't find anything that says they cannot and the wording used for infiltrate and the scout rules are the same as the stubborn rule (which is the example used as a special rule which is shared to joining units).

This leads to amusing combinations such as Tyrant terminators infiltrating or outflanking.

No you can't anymore. You used to be able to have IC's confer infiltrate to units but they FAQ'd that away so that IC's without infiltrate can't deploy with units that can, and vice versa. Check the 40k rulebook FAQ on the GW website.

If you want infiltrating tyrant siege terminators, the only way is pick Alpha Legion, pick their rite of war, and and choose the infiltrate rule via Mutable Tactics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTycho View Post
    No you can't anymore. You used to be able to have IC's confer infiltrate to units but they FAQ'd that away so that IC's without infiltrate can't deploy with units that can, and vice versa. Check the 40k rulebook FAQ on the GW website.
    To be accurate, it says ICs without Infiltrate cannot join with Infiltrators during Deployment, and vice versa. They do not define if being put in Reserves still considers one an Infiltrator or not. Nor is Deployment the only time a unit may deploy.

So it depends on how you and your group define "Infiltrator".

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    To be accurate, it says ICs without Infiltrate cannot join with Infiltrators during Deployment, and vice versa. They do not define if being put in Reserves still considers one an Infiltrator or not. Nor is Deployment the only time a unit may deploy.

So it depends on how you and your group define "Infiltrator".
    I take it the relevance of that distinction is in regards to Outflank?
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Battle-Brother

He can confer scout. I put a jump pack on him and add him to an assault squad and they scout up 12". With a first turn, that's a great redeployment. Fakes people out.

Yeah thanks guys that does answer my question. I totally wanted to do Storm of Iron style infiltrating terminators but oh well

Even so I'm finding that the vigilator might actually be useful anyway for my foot slogging iron warriors with tactical flexibility to outflank, scout and snipe for 50pts less than a recon squad. But this I will have to compare to other potentially great units such as the apothecary centurion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I take it the relevance of that distinction is in regards to Outflank?
    Not necessarily. Some Infiltrators also carry Deep Strike as an alternative for deploying as well. See Stealth Suits, Flayed Ones, and Shrike, as examples. Then there are those who ride a Flyer into battle.

But Outflank is a consideration for those without Deep Strike or riding a Flyer, yes.