How do?

So I'd imagine most of us have some games under our belt, and are starting to find our feet with the new rules.

I make that 'sharing is caring' o'clock!

First up, if you're just here to make snide remarks, bugger off right now. Nobody cares what you think, so save yourself the bother.

Rightydokey.....

1. Pick your fights with care....

I cannot stress this one enough. The old maxim of 'always better to charge' just doesn't hold true anymore. In my first couple of games, I was pulling off my charges en masse. All this did was mean my smaller units got the crap kicked out of them before they got much of a chance.

Take your time, and don't over commit to charges, unless you have a specific purpose (such as pinning an opposing unit in place, perhaps to keep it away from an existing combat)

2. Learn2reach!

Yep. This is a new one on me! Although formal formations are gone, we can still make use of them, after a fashion. Example? I can put a line of Ironguts (2" melee range) behind a unit of Ogres (1" range), ensuring their 'flank' is covered by Ogres (so if I've put my Ogres 7 wide, have 5 Ironguts behind them).

Whilst this of course limits the 'reach' units movement, it's a solid defensive move, as you make it very hard for your opponent to directly engage the heavy hitting 'reach' unit, whilst they get the full brunt in return.

Have a look at the units available to you, and see who might benefit from a shielding unit. You don't even need matching base sizes this is also a good excuse to make the most of your square based units, as they of course will line up nicely!

Right, there's two for thought. Bring your own, comment and critique away!