BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default The Quest for Ghal Maraz - Spoilerific Discussion.

Yep. I'm sure our regulars will know the drill by now

But for the myriad newcomers, here's a quick recap of how these threads work. You get a warning. Just the one mind....

And after that warning?

HERE BE SPOILERS

Right, that's your one and only warning, now it's time to crack on with some early observations, based on what GW has teased us with.

Ready?

In....20

Seems Sigmar was tricked by Tzeentch into throwing Ghal Maraz through an open portal. Sigmar had just chinned the four Greaterest of Greater Daemons, one after another and thought to splash Archaon's brains to the eight winds...but his target was an illusion.

This little whoopsadoodle cost Sigmar the war, and lead to the Age of Chaos.

Next? Looks like the Sylvaneth do indeed fight alongside the Stormcast Eternals, as there's pictures of them fighting on the same side.. Whether this is a formal alliance, or one of convenience remains to be seen...
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-09-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I thought Nagash was supposedly the reason he lost? Now it's because he failed to confirm if he was fighting an illusion and got tricked by a simple ploy?

I feel like even Thor isn't tricked that easily. That's a major-level screw-up, especially when fighting the Chaos gods.

First-Captain

It is both of those things together.

After being tricked and the cost being so high, Sigmar realised he could no longer be a Warrior God and so decided to become the God King his people needed.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I feel like even Thor isn't tricked that easily.
    Will you ever not fall for that trick, brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I thought Nagash was supposedly the reason he lost? Now it's because he failed to confirm if he was fighting an illusion and got tricked by a simple ploy?

I feel like even Thor isn't tricked that easily. That's a major-level screw-up, especially when fighting the Chaos gods.
    Not as if Sigmar was having a nice walk in the Meadow, followed by 'there you are! *YOK!*......oh bugger'

Full on cataclysmic warfare. It has a tendency to, you know, introduce what in the insurance industry is known as 'agony of moment', when circumstances cause behaviour or actions one would not consider reasonable.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sorry, I just can't picture Sigmar any more without thinking of Thor having drank too much mead.

They even both have hammers.

Seems fairly reasonable. Can't see Sigmar walking around with a sack of bricks, throwing them at people to test if they're illusions. Certainly wouldn't benefit his popularity any. Additionally, it makes the point that Sigmar considered going toe-to-toe with Archaon too big of a risk.

94 pages in, and it's pretty storming so far.

Silver Maiden is my stand out character so far, I really hope we hear more from her.

Need to get me a bigger flat.... battle of the bridges must be fought!

Right, just finished it.

1. A more entertaining read than its predecessor volume. Whether it's the story, or that I'm now more accustomed to the setting, it's a rollicking read.

2. You do not want to piss of Alarielle. She is seriously hard! Yep, she is found, and forms at least a temporary alliance with the Stormcast Eternals.

3. It's not a 'Holy Beast' that Sigmar goes to visit. It's a 'Numinous Being'. Beyond that, nothing is known because that's where this part of the story ends.

4. Ghyran, Chamon and Aqshy have, largely, been taken back from the brink of a Chaos domination.

5. The Oak of Ages Past....half of it is despoiled by Nurgle. The other half remains pure, and may have enough power to cure the rest of Ghyran. It's waters had been corrupted by a Great Unclean One sitting in them. As soon as its banished though....those Waters are very potent!

6. The Silver Maiden is still my stand out character, even though it's more of a cameo type character. I really hope we see more of her.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast