BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know people love to say GW makes the BEST STUFF EVER and how it's all so technically perfect, etc., etc... Well... That models might be sculpted "well," but I have to agree with the people who note issues with the axe being overly huge, skulls hanging from the axe in a way that would cause trouble wielding the axe as a weapon, his waist being way too small and throwing his proportions off even more, his arms look wider than his head, he has an additional weapon on his left hand (which might cause issues trying to swing the axe)... Basically, it's exceptionally unrealistic and even cartoonish in a lot of ways. And if you're into that, cool, but so many people spend so much time bashing on any other company that does something like that, I don't get why GW gets love for doing it?

I was considering a small force of the Chaos guys (mainly because I'll have some from the core box), but I can't look at this guy for long and not realize how goofy he looks, which is one of the reasons I didn't like the original plastic Catachans or the plastic Goliath gangers in Necromunda. Also, it's yet another model that would take an obscene amount of work to change the pose or weapon-swap so he doesn't look exactly the same as everyone else's. (I know that's the new norm, but it's a bad norm that shouldn't be accepted.)

If you like it, cool, but please don't mock any other company's figures for weird proportions, weapons they can't use, over the top poses, or any of that stuff.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I "lol'd" as the kids say, maybe.

It's uncanny.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I must save that link for next time

Hey Erik, have you played Final Fantasy? Or maybe Dark Souls?

Fantasyis not realistic, however you can go and find proper physics in real life if that's what you're looking for?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post

Fantasyis not realistic, however you can go and find proper physics in real life if that's what you're looking for?
    For pity's sake, must we all be reminded that suspension of disbelief is not infinite?

Obviously, if someone (in this case, Erik) comments on a model being annoyingly "unrealistic", then that model has broken their own suspension of disbelief. They have a different opinion to you, and they are expressing that opinion in a thread discussing those models! That's okay!

Whatever man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post

There are some things that I don't have an issue with, knowing that fantasy is, well, fantasy. FF's huge swords also bother me (and I don't play that series because the aesthetic bugs me), and I haven't played Dark Souls yet because the Internet provides plenty of brick walls to bash my head against.

There are "unrealistic" things about the basic Chaos troops in the core box, but they're not that pronounced, and I like them. There is, for me at least, a "breaking point." It's just an opinion. You can have a different opinion, doesn't mean you're wrong. But for me, something like a guy putting trophies on his axe that get in the way of killing (especially if he's using it for killing, as this guy would), or the whole thing with the guys with chains on their weapons, that's going a bit far.

If my having a different opinion offends you, I'm sorry.

It doesn't offend me, I just don't get why people come to these threads to constantly drag down Games Workshop's designs. I hate the aesthetic of Warmachine (with the exception of the Retribution of Scyrah, who remind me of Jak and Daxter) but you don't see me constantly going on about it. I don't go and post on those threads because it is frankly none of my business. So why is it okay for people to come and slander one of my favourite games? Why is it just accepted that people can post all of this negative jargon?

(For the record, I'm not a solo GW fanboy, before people label me as such. I have an extensive collection of models from other ranges, which I use for display, I just don't play any of their games as there isn't a call for it where I live.)

/rant

\Back on topic

I can't wait to see the Bloodbound's other hero choices. Though hopefully there is some Tzeentch stuff coming up, not that it will convert me from the infallible side of Order, but, y'know, I am TDA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast