BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default NooBs guide to bang for your buck.

Evening all.

Just been looking at the Space Marine Devastator Sprues on the GW website, having read the thread about Gravcannons.

Not currently being a Space Marine player, I didn't realise just how many bits and odds and sods are on those three sprues. I knew about the various big guns, but not the near ludicrous pistols and hand to hand weapons.

And it got me thinking - if someone was to start out collecting an army, which boxed sets would say are essential to get the widest variety of armaments, allowing a modeller to avoid the surprisingly/disappointingly pricey mono-pose character kits etc? Are there complimentary kits out there - perhaps the five man Tactical Squad for the Devs - maybe the 10 man offers better value?

Are there some kits you just wouldn't buy - outdated example would be the Skyray and Hammerhead of yore. Both the same price, but the Skyray kit enabled you to make turrets for both, so just seemed a no-brainer, even if one version only occasionally (or indeed, in the end, never) saw combat,

I'm not going to set an arbitrary hypothetical budget, as I think that would place an unnecessary boundary to the discussion.

Right, have at it folks!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-12-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks