Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
It doesn't just take converting, it takes scratch-building a whole new chassis. All the guns are built around the same core, a sort of wobbly conical bit, which means the only bits left over from the guns you didn't build are the muzzle and the worky bit on top. And if you're that good at scratchbuilding, you didn't need to buy the box in the first place; you can just make the muzzle and the worky bit out of plasticard too.

Oh wow... I thought there was more than that in there. Hadn't bought one because I couldn't justify the price when I can just scratch-build myself, but I thought there were more bits in there. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
Not sure what the current 'army box' has in it or if it even exists but the previous Space Wolf one was good value and allowed the easy kitbashing of grey hunters, blood claws, wolf guard, and most SW characters.

I think with a minor additon one could do almost anything in the codex that required power armour - box of bike - swift claws. box of assault marines? sky claws etc.
That's how I built up my Space Wolf army. Had a bunch of the old sprues that my dad had bought, and I got one of the new boxes and a couple sets of Stormclaw (also had Ork stuff I needed), and I've taken a bunch of basic Marine kits and made Space Wolf stuff with them. More Grey Hunters, Blood Claws, Scouts, etc.