BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

I agree, altogether integrated weapons into arms is my most favorite missing aesthetic, I usually try and recreate it when im making some real nasty fellows

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Completely agree, always felt the chaos marine models missed the mark and were never nightmarish or mutated enough, at least not for me. Yeah those old Rogue trader ones had a lot more style to them, sort of HR giger-ish.

My fave were the two tzeentch marines at the top left : [url]http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/rc0222renegades/cat1989p018x-01.jpg[/url]
    I run original legionnaires in my CSM army. I have put off painting all the tzeentch until last- while I work out how to deal with the fluff of rubric versus obvious tzeentch mutations...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

There are 10,000 years worth of renegades to be blessed by the Changer of the Ways. Although the Eye of Terror, let alone the galaxy is a big place it's not inconceivable a former Thousand Sons sorcerer and his rubric charges would find their goals aligning with some of those renegades.
    https://uk.pinterest.com/completeHook/

I agree. Heck, some of the legion of the damned look more chaotic than the berserkers.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

I agree. I miss the old RT days of chaos. Bring back chaos that's not just humans. Warbands used to look dynamic with possibilities of ogres, ratlings, even orks. Marines with spikes is just, meh.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, Chaos is just humans and daemons at current. I still really want to see chaos aliens (and not chaos versions of existing ones) - plenty of room for some really warped and messed up stuff there, plus if we never knew what those creatures looked like before they were corrupted it adds a bit more mystery to them. They should really just hire me
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I've seen some speculation that the Thyrrus may be Chaos aliens - since their quirk is treating battle like a bizarre performance, this speculation simply assumes the Chaos Gods are the intended audience.

On the note of mutation, I get the impression that the current multipart design philosophy's holding it back a bit. It works well for just sticking a normal arm onto a model, but when that arm is now a massive claw or tentacle, it seems awkward when that mutation isn't spread/reflected across the rest of the model. The Gal Vorbak are a massive step in the right direction, though.

Chapter-Master

The Thyruss do have a bit of a Slaanesh vibe to them dont they?

The Possessed look too cartoony to me and I think you hit on why, and also why the Gal Vorbak look a ton better...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yeah, I agree with completeHook, the DV Chosen really fit the bill for what Mr Mystery is saying for me, I would like Mystery's opinion on them in this regard. The Chosen have a lot of 'soft' mutations, and the changes to their armour have a much more... biological look than the just spikes, edging and horns look of most of the current models. The Raptors are similar, but have less mutated armour and I feel this suits the fact they are less powerful followers of Chaos, less successful.

On the other hand, a Chaos Xenos race, like the Saruthi or the Laer would be awesome (obviously either of those examples aren't great because they have both been exterminated by the IoM). I think it would work for a multi-part kit if it is designed around the theme and are not designed in a way that is intended to also fit with non-mutated models.
    Last edited by Haighus; 08-17-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chosen are much closer to what I'd like to see, though ideally I'd want to see more gribbly options along with the more subtle stuff.

Age of Sigmar is getting right for me at the moment. You can make a relative 'mess of tentacles' type stuff if you so wish, but most can be used quite sparingly. For instance, on the Skull Reavers, the champion has a Scorpion Claw hand option. Blightkings can be just skanky obsess bruisers, or significantly mutated.

That's what I want to see in 40k
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast