BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Assault Kommandos and Man-o-wars

Hey guys, I play Khador and i've picked up a max unit of Man-O-War Shocktroopers and Assault Kommandos with two flamethrowers
    Now after using them a few times i've found they're kinda not worth the points, The Shocktroopers are the more useful of the two I just keep them in shield wall as much as possible and use them as an immovable object, the Assault kommandos are harder to use as the power on their weapons suggests light infantry killer but their low RAT and the lack of deviation on the gas grenades makes it really hard to use them against Nyss stuff or things like Daughters of the flame, the only targets I can kill with them semi-reliably are knight errants (until that martyr rule or whatever it's called shifts their armour into 'jack territory) Storm knights and Storm glaives and trenchers (which no one in my local meta uses)

So any tips on using Shock-troopers and assault kommandos? I love the models but it seems (at least in the case of the assault kommandos) that widowmakers are a better investment everytime?

Apologies, im not sure how long you have been playing WM/H.

My friend plays Khador and I play Cryx. He uses both Shocktroopers (as well as Demo Corps) as well as Assault Kommandos. He uses the Shocktrooper as "take and hold" in terms of ground/objectives etc and the Demo Corps and damage doers. Man-o-Wars also work well alongside jacks. Downside of both are the low Def which you can never normally buff to a level where they can avoid most average rolls. but you can buff their high arm even more. With their reach they can tie down a unit once on combat. I have to try and dance round them or be sure of taking them out with De-buffs and a heavy knock out punch

Assault Kommandos are designed to take down mass infantry (like Mechanithralls). If you send them after anything other than mass infantry you may have miss deployed/played or been out manoeuvred.

You will probably get a much better set of answers from the Privateer Press forums than here on BoLS. Or I can recommend the Chain Attack podcasts. They are doing a set of episodes for new players and they have done a Khador episode.