BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The heroes are tuned down compared to 4th, certainly, the lack of customisation and obscenely powerful Magic Items makes sure of that, but they're definitely strong units that can multiply the effects of infantry.

Making sure you have the right ones at the right times is key to things going well for you.

The game as a lot to it that people are missing by focusing on what they see as negatives, yes there is no point system and that means it could be abused, but WFB had a point system that could be abused, people are going to be bad players to each other sometimes.

This way, when someone is a bad player, they can't pretend they're not because "technically the rules say I can do this" it brings the social contract that was always supposed to be there right to the front of things and makes it the most important part of having a fun game.

The focus was never supposed to be who can beat their opponent, that's never been part of the game, the aim is for the players to have fun, your objective is to win and your method should be to win in a way that doesn't invalidate the aim.

It seems a lot of WFB players lost sight of that aim, as people were trying to win without caring how terrible and boring it made the game for their opponent, which put people off playing it once they encountered that. It was a good game but in the hands of bad players quickly became a chore. A bad match up of 40k is one thing but a bad match up in WFB was soul destroying, mainly because it too so bloody long.

Yeah I love the social contract, it really falls in line with the spirit of "warhammer for adults"

If you're going to put time into painting and building toy soldiers you should put time into having fun with them, not abusing the rules to destroy someone else's toy soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    And now we know why you like AoS.
    Yes I do like AoS and I identified and broke down his wording in the topic subject matter giving my personal view points on what the op said and by my personal wording I believe what I said was true you can choose whether to accept this or deny it that's your personal optional.

Whether this makes me a fan boy or not I don't really care much for a silly tagline to be honest but if I am not allowed to speak my mind based on the evidence provided that is validated to the topic at hand then what's the point of a topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    Yeah I love the social contract, it really falls in line with the spirit of "warhammer for adults"

If you're going to put time into painting and building toy soldiers you should put time into having fun with them, not abusing the rules to destroy someone else's toy soldiers.
    Unfortunately the competitive mind-set do not understand that there is more to a game then just domination and number crunching for 100% optimizations.
    Unfortunately the lazy gamer mind-set do not understand that because having a army full of unpainted and poorly assembled models was too much effort to begin with the mind-set of looking online for a easy I WIN build...
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFAAdOBB1c[/url]

It somehow seemed appropriate.

Whether this makes me a fan boy or not I don't really care much for a silly tagline to be honest but if I am not allowed to speak my mind based on the evidence provided that is validated to the topic at hand then what's the point of a topic?
    I do find that line of thought interesting.
    There is no "evidence". It is your personal opinion you suddenly call "evidence".
    Also you demand the freedom to speak your mind while bashing everyone and lashing out to everyone who does not share your opinion.

And to be fair. Most unpainted and barely assembled armies I have seen are from casual players which do not bother with the other aspects of the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I do find that line of thought interesting.
    There is no "evidence". It is your personal opinion you suddenly call "evidence".
    Also you demand the freedom to speak your mind while bashing everyone and lashing out to everyone who does not share your opinion.

And to be fair. Most unpainted and barely assembled armies I have seen are from casual players which do not bother with the other aspects of the hobby.
    Wow just wow where to start okay lets look up some words on the internet.

What does evidence mean: The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

what does personal opinion mean: A personal view, attitude, or appraisal. 3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: a second medical opinion. 4. the formal statement by a judge or court of the principles used in reaching a decision on a case

Okay now that you can learn something from this mind reading what I said above Charon "my personal view points on what the op said and by my personal wording I believe what I said was true you can choose whether to accept this or deny it that's your personal optional."

now use your brain I clearly said "What I said was true you can choose whether to accept this or deny it that's your personal optional." welcome to the internet buddy just because you don't like what I have to say does not mean I have to agree with you I am not bashing anyone or lashing out at anyone I am putting my own feedback and input into the topic discussion if this is too hard for you to accept then being on a forum might not be the best place for you.

Also about the unpainted and barely assembled armies has a high chance to be true people who care only for winning will take a list from the internet forums with a number of models that can sometimes bend rules or be used in ways that other people would not use them for secured victory's welcome the cheese/death star builds. Now I am not saying all of them are bad creative ones are good but who remembers when screamers and flamers got buffed to the point where they steamrolled then when the new codex came out got nurfed into the ground causing so much uproar.

I personally don't mind people who are bad at painting and don't wish to paint the models because of fear of ruining the model and have fun but it bothers me when you can tell its "that guy" the one who plays the game just to brake it by bringing spam list of high powerful models E.G 5 greater daemons and accept it as the norm then claim the game is broken or enter a game with such negative attitude because they have a plan to turn people away from what they dislike.
    Last edited by Xaric; 08-28-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnFAAdOBB1c[/url]

It somehow seemed appropriate.
    hehe that made me laugh could be possible true on both sides with haters and fan's but thanks for the entrainment just reminded me to watch some south park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123