BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Responding to the BoLS ETC Results Coverage

Just posted an analysis criticizing some of the coverage BoLS gave to the ETC results, especially re: Team USA's performance here:

[url]http://variancehammer.com/2015/08/18/the-absurdity-of-bolss-etc-analysis/[/url]

The short version: Nothing about the results suggest what the coverage here has suggested it does. Team USA performed about how you'd expect them to.
    Last edited by VarianceHammer; 08-18-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Chapter-Master

You used the term 'bimodal-ness'. WTactualF? Bimodal-ness?

You are talking about pigging toy soldiers FFS. I couldn't even work out of you are ranting at methodology or in denial that Team USA got a couple of spankings?

Did I spot that Team Wales kicked their fobosities? Wales?

Jeezus TF Christ.

Oh yeah isn't this a breach of forum T&Cs to just link to another blog?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    You used the term 'bimodal-ness'. WTactualF? Bimodal-ness?

You are talking about pigging toy soldiers FFS. I couldn't even work out of you are ranting at methodology or in denial that Team USA got a couple of spankings?

Did I spot that Team Wales kicked their fobosities? Wales?

Jeezus TF Christ.

Oh yeah isn't this a breach of forum T&Cs to just link to another blog?
    Meh. Mainly that "Team USA has a decent, but not spectacular showing" gets turned into all sorts of tea leaf reading regarding what it means, when it really doesn't mean anything at all. And yeah, Team Wales did really well - because it turns out that population isn't a perfect correlate with being able to find a handful of really good Warhammer players.

And yeah, I'm talking about toy soldiers, because it's fun to talk about toy soldiers.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceHammer View Post
    Just posted an analysis criticizing some of the coverage BoLS gave to the ETC results, especially re: Team USA's performance here:

[url]http://variancehammer.com/2015/08/18/the-absurdity-of-bolss-etc-analysis/[/url]

The short version: Nothing about the results suggest what the coverage here has suggested it does. Team USA performed about how you'd expect them to.
    Got as far as "Even if their placement was entirely their fault and did say something about how American tournament players play 40K, being among the top 1/3rd of all competitive 40K players in the world is kind of a big deal."

It really isn't.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"