BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Tyranids are nextafter SW. Mark my words, in January or Febuary...it's gonna be bug huntin' season. After that...who knows...Blood Angels?

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

I think you may be proven incorrect about the Nids in Feb.

I here it may be Necron's

Stock up on the Boltgun Metal

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    I bought the Lightning Claw model as well and on the blister pack it is labeled "Space Wolf Captain". I hope there is another. While the model is just awesome he comes across as more Wolf Guard as opposed to Wolf Lord to me.

I am completely fired up over the new dex. This has been along time coming and I for one cannot wait.
    A SW Captain is really a Wolf Guard Battle Leader and not a Wolf Lord so no problem there...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The West Coast Knight View Post
    I think you may be proven incorrect about the Nids in Feb.

I here it may be Necron's

Stock up on the Boltgun Metal
    Might be...
    It's 50% speculation and 50% informed...call it an educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Durfast Spiritwolf View Post
    A SW Captain is really a Wolf Guard Battle Leader and not a Wolf Lord so no problem there...
    I think the Wolf Claw dude is the new "Space Wolf Captain" we are hearing about. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they made yet another metal model for us. However there is another item on that list of releases that has me jumping with anticipation; the "Space Wolf Hero" box. If it's what I think it is then I'm going to be very, very happy. Is it a plastic character kit? Will it have parts to make a Wolf Lord, Wolf Priest or Rune Priest? I sure hope so!

Considering that we tend, on average, to get three plastic kits with each new release, then the Space Wolf Pack box, the Wolf Guard Terminator box and the Space Wolf Hero box fit into this quite well. Who doesn't want to have an entirely plastic space wolf army?

Christmas is going to be the Wolf Time ‘round these parts, that’s for sure! Now the only question is, do I make a loyalist SW army or do I make the renegade crew of the Wolf of Fenris to add to my ever expanding Red Corsair army?

Dosadi

Librarian

Actually, you then notice that the longer an army has been missing, the more new kits it gets. I wouldn't ignore the idea of perhaps even more kits... Conversion kits for some existing boxes for characters and the like....

Are there any whispers of a Bjorn kit? I know he's gonna be in the new codex. My guess is he will be a conversion model using the new Ironclad and parts of the regular Dread kit.

Battle-Brother

if theres one thing which floats my boat its a dreadnought character

looking forward to this - even if im new to the wolves i know what im taking to GT next year already - gonna love christmas!

but hate to spoil it - it says 358
    Last edited by CaptainSinon; 08-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    Might be...
    Now the only question is, do I make a loyalist SW army or do I make the renegade crew of the Wolf of Fenris to add to my ever expanding Red Corsair army?

Dosadi
    The only source for this could have been the Corsairs themselves so there is still no reliable evidence for any oathbreakers on the Wolf of Fenris, just Renegades wearing the power armour of dead Space Wolves...

Veteran-Sergeant

The only source for this could have been the Corsairs themselves so there is still no reliable evidence for any oathbreakers on the Wolf of Fenris, just Renegades wearing the power armour of dead Space Wolves...
    Hrmmmm...
    I don't know about that. I've already got one squad of space wolfs in my corsair army that I use as Khorne Berserkers. They tell me that in fact they were former space wolfs and did turn on their brothers and join up with the Tyrant of Badab.

Dosadi

A Space Wolf Player would say that.

OT
    But alas, I think there wil not be a HQ plastic kit. I think there will be a Ven Dread kit, Wolf pack kit, and the Wolf Guard kit.

Reasoning behind the ven dread kit would be the lack of a plastic ven dread now. I am just wishlisting.

I remember hearing all the metal characters getting redone so I think that squashes the plasatic character box kit. I would like to be proven wrong if there are any takers though.

I just cant wait for the Wolves of Fenris to be unleahed on 40k again. I cant wait to see what they have doen with these new box sets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast