BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    Where there sentry guns in Aliens or was that one of the later movies?

Not sure I like the tripods. Doesn't look to me like they would provide enough stability to the weapon, let alone allow it to fire in any position other then on the center line of the rear leg without tipping over. A more visually 'weighted' base and feet are required in my opinion.
    It's what the Sentry Guns have in 'Aliens', so it's what they have on my models.

In the film, Hudson and Vasquez literally bolt them into the floor; these guns are the same. They're not just resting on the dirt. The idea is that they're quickly assembled, and a Guardswoman uses a heavy-duty nailgun to drive a twenty inch long barbed retaining spike into the ground so the weapons have a stable platform to fire from. It's also worth remembering, Bolters fire gyrojet ammunition, so recoil, while present, is minimal. Heavy Bolters have far less recoil than other solid projectile weaponry.

Of course, if they were lascannon, there'd be none.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Goes to show you how long that it has been since I've seen the movie, don't remember that scene.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Goes to show you how long that it has been since I've seen the movie, don't remember that scene.
    The scene only appears in the Director's Cut ... so, yeah.

I remember reading the scene, and Bishop's reveal of the Alien Queen chamber as he crawls through the pipe in the book of the film, long before the Director's Cut came out I was always sad it wasn't in there... and then it was [although I'm not sure Bishop's scene returned, he got a bit more screen time but not what was in the book].

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12