BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Female stormtroopers, help required!

Hello there, hear's the plan, as stated in the title I'm looking at putting together some Female stormtroopers, to go with my Sisters of Battle army. As you can immagine this is purley for aesetic reasons so i can continue with the female theme.

So can anyone give any pointers into what I need to do/use in order to get them looking the part?

Thanks

Boobs and long hair =P

Abbess Sanctorum

Honestly I don't think there'd be much visible difference between a male and female stormtrooper while in their carapace armor. Maybe, if you want, have some hair hanging out the back of the helmets or something? Perhaps a very slight bulge in the chest plate, but don't overdo it or it'll look stupid.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Not sure if you're looking for female trooper-type figs or looking for conversion ideas, but here's some things:

Shadowforge Miniatures is a company out of Australia (I think) and they make lots of female figs. True, some are hilarious and other risque, but I'd go for the 'Politburo Worker Battalion' entries for building an infantry force. You can get them via TheWarStore.com, too.

Battle-Brother

I don't know if you ever get over to Bolter and Chainsword, but if you do, try PMing a guy that goes by the name of Doc Thunder. His group commissioned female IG troopers that turned out quite nice. They proportioned correctly, i.e. you can tell that they are female, but not absurdly so. The project did several torsos, legs, and heads.

I think he can also be located on the Works In Progress forum.

Cheers,

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Abbess Sanctorum

Which goes to show there's really an untapped market for high quality female minis, and GW isn't likely to tap it any time soon.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

you can search the great google for female sci fi mini's and lots of sites out there have a bunch, just shuffle through the pages and find something that works then maybe GS carapace armor if need be...
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Abbess Sanctorum

Sure, but close to none of them are GW models. Which makes a difference in some places, and in tournies.

Do they still produce those, I know they did a second run late 2008 or early 2009, but I had thought that was it for IGirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I don't know if you ever get over to Bolter and Chainsword, but if you do, try PMing a guy that goes by the name of Doc Thunder. His group commissioned female IG troopers that turned out quite nice. They proportioned correctly, i.e. you can tell that they are female, but not absurdly so. The project did several torsos, legs, and heads.

I think he can also be located on the Works In Progress forum.

Cheers,
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast