BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Update - Harlequins - 10/11/2015

Hey Everyone!

I have decided to make a modelling and painting thread for all the Plains of War hobbying that gets done each week.

Due to terrible weather this weekend I got a bunch of stuff done on the Dark Angels and Necrons:

Wraith Squad #1 Complete

Wraith Squad #2 Complete

Towards the end of my friday night I was finishing up all my bases for this army when i realized that I used a slow dry paste instead of water effects. Needless to say it took a long time to dry (shocking) but I think they came out alright. all the products used starting from left to right.

Then Saturday I was working on more DA Terminators. Not a whole lot of process but some tedious stuff got completed:

C&C always welcome!

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Chaosftw; 11-10-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Auto Correct fails
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Default Update: Aug 26th/2015

Hey Guys,

So last night I was able to get a little bit more work done on some things that needed to get completed.

A buddy asked me to re-prime a few more tanks for him so I went and nocked that out:

Before:

After:

Then I began piecing together my test model for my tsons. I was quite skeptical when looking at the bits but for the most part they came together quite nicely. Here is the test model:
    Front:

Side:

Side 2:

Back:

Please excuse the head and arms on the model. I just pinned/ magnetized those pieces as they will need to be detached to ease painting.

Thanks for looking!
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Update!!

So last night I begun putting the Tsons together with the bits from Evil Craft, and Wargaming Exclusive and man-oh-man using bits from multiple sources is not always the best course of action :P

What I found while doing the torsos is that the socket on the bottom of the torso was to tight for the bulb on the top of the legs on each fig. Sooooo instead of an hour job it took me 4 hours JUST to assemble torsos :P

Anyway here is what came up my night after cleaning and pinning all my torsos:

Started with the Bases... (funny story, this morning I happened to walk into my hobby shop and noticed I had already made 30 bases for this army.. that means I just made 30 extra bases for no reason... FML)

Legs being removed from sprue and cleaned:

Lining them all up on bases:

Cleaning Torsos:

All Torsos, Legs, and Backpacks successfully assembled and now awaiting the priming booth!

Thanks for looking!
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Good Day Everyone!

Just a small update from last night! I was able to get another squad of wraiths started, their bases started and 6 objectives as well. I actually love how the wraiths feel, the texture really makes them feel rusted I only wish that could be portrayed just by looking at them as well. Hopefully once i wash everything it may look better.

Objectives x6:

Wraith Bases:

Wraiths:

Thats all for now however it is the weekend so I am hoping to get a bunch of stuff done this weekend around the Saturday tournament I am attending.

Take Care,
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Hey Everyone! I guess I have forgotten to post the last few updates here so This is going to be a lengthy post of updates!

Small update! I had a few things to tidy up to be reasonable for a tournament i played in on Saturday this week so here is what I was able to accomplish:

Display board to a reasonable standard:

3rd squad of wraiths:

and some objective markers:

Im really contemplating washing the wraiths to dull down the rust. Any thoughts on what may be the best way to do it? and comments/ suggestions or links to others who did something similar would be appreciated!

Hey Everyone!

Its been a somewhat productive weekend! Here is what I was up too:

I first was able to complete the DA Terminators:

Assembled the next few models for the DA:

I Was able to get Fulgrim and an Autarch with Swooping Hawk wings completed (sword and a few highlights are still outstanding):

www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Happy Monday Everyone!

This weekend I was able to get a significant amount of work done on my Necrons which was great! especially because Armies on Parade is fast approaching! I was also able to get some of the billboards built for the Plains of War GT (type of terrain piece that doubles as advertisement).

Photos:

Re-Based the spiders and the barge, painted, added OSL, and now ready for washes and a last highlight.

My first squad of Lychguard is complete aside from water effects and base rim clean up.

The annihilation barges are complete aside from water effects and base rim clean up.

All three of my night scythes are complete aside from water effects, base clean up, and attaching their portals to their undersides.

Stalker is complete! I really enjoyed working on this model! I look forward to buying a couple more!

Aside from base clean up and water effects my 3 new lords are good to go!

This is the majority of the stuff already posted. I was working on all the white at the tips of the OSL.... such a tedious task :P

I finally got around to my deathmarks which I think are the oldest necron models I own lol! All thats left on these are the bases and the cloaks.

Thats it for now!

Comments and suggestions on anything are always encouraged!
    www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Default Update - Harlequins

Well just a small update this time around.

I was able to get some work done on the Harlequins last night.

Enjoy!

www.powgt.ca

Battle-Brother

Default Thousand Sons Update 13/11/2015

So I have been working on more conversions for my Thousand Sons army over the past week. I managed to get all 3 of my terminators done to where they are ready for paint. I magnetized all the arms as there are rumours of a new CSM book (please be true and I hope its not another abortion of a codex like this current one) I don't know what options will be available to them.

First is a group shot of all 6 that I did:

and lastly here are multiple close-ups stitched together of all 6:

I didn't take pictures of all the progress from yesterday so I will update again over the weekend with all the new goodies!

Thanks for looking!
    www.powgt.ca