BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Blood Angels Storm Raven Conversion

Thought I'd post my conversion of the Blood Angels new transport the Storm Raven. It is mostly built from
    the IG Valkyrie model. I used some plasticard but most of the kit is the Valkyrie. It is a work in progress,
    Any input, suggestions welcome. Also trying to figure out what type of crane/grapple to use for the
    Drednought that is going to be located behind the hull.

I decided to keep the model around Valkyrie size cause GW tends to keep their transports small. In my second version I might change the cockpit to something more similar to the Thunderhawk canopy.
    Last edited by patzgcrux; 03-17-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Chaplain

the inside if the tail section needs to be filled in. I agree a TH cockpit might look a little more marine.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Chapter-Master

cool I might nick this idea looks just how i imagend it !!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

I really like this conversion better then the others so far displayed. The only thing is the cocpit. I just think a (forget what its called, the typhon landspeeder from forge world) would look just amazing on this conversion.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Battle-Brother

I have to agree that this is the best storm raven conversion i've seen. well, the one i've liked the most. nice work

Thanks, I am trying to figure out how to mount the missiles, I will probably use the pods from the whirlwind. I am also trying to modify the nose section a bit so that I can use a magnetized assault cannon or laz cannon for it. Heck of a vehicle for the Blood Angels, for 200 pts. it is cheaper than a landraider and more capable. I think the cheese factor is off the scale, can't wait to get this baby finished.

Thought I should share the latest photos. I added twin linked laz cannon on the front of cockpit. Also attached whirlwind missiles on side to represent the anti tank missile this vehicle carries. I also added another entry point at the rear of the model since according to the codex it has 4 entry points.

I am pretty happy on how it looks so far, I am still trying to figure out a proper grapple, crane for the dreadnought for the rear of the vehicle.

Of all of the Storm Raven conversions on here so far, yours is my favorite. Not only does it look good, but it looks totally diffrent than anything else.

I particularly like this conversion because the front exit is so prominent. As an assault ramp, I had envisioned something very similar to this. In adition, both the lascannons and the missile launchers are very well placed, again, very much the way I had envisioned the Storm Raven.

Just out of interest, what kind of stand, if any, are you planning to use for this? The Valkyrie one seems too high, imo. Again, I thought the Storm Raven would come hurtling in just inches above the combatants so something lower, but not as low as say, the Land Speeder stands.

Librarian

Looks ace, I gotta agree with catalsyt2 on the front exit and assault ramp. For the Dread Clamps magnetizing them would be cool.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast