BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

wow, i've been looking at all the stormraven conversion, and i havent really been sold on any of them,

to begin with i wasn't convinced on this one either, but with that awesome paintjob, i can really see the awesomeness of this conversion

Well done mate, fantastic job.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyfoodmaster View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and clap at my computer screen, but you can't see or hear it.

When I heard assault vehicle, I thought that it should be a smallish Thunderhawk sorta thing. I think you pulled it off very well. It's a smallish Thunderhawk sorta thing, just like I thought it should be

Thanks for postin up the pics!
    Thank you for the compliment, I have some time to finally finish up the paint and decal work on the model. As soon as I get the next components for it I will do a tutorial. I may modify the cockpit a bit to make it more of a Space marine vehicle.

Of all the Storm Raven conversions I saw, I liked this one due to the fact it's pretty "out of the box", meaning aside from the Valkyrie I dont have to buy much else.

Only issue I had was the backpiece, it's rather empty and just, to me doesn't look right.

I took your original design and added a back part, the link is here:

**Note: The colours are Angels Sanguine... They are backwards because I actuall tore a partmy original Storm Raven (which was just a Valkyrie)... Since basically everything got reversed on it, the colours got switched as well.

Cool, I was going to go for something like that but I changed my mind and opted for the open area for the dreadnought. I am glad that the design caught on.

Anyway as promised, I posted a tutorial thread:

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=6013[/url]
    Last edited by patzgcrux; 03-25-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Here is the finished Storm Raven. When I have time, I will finish up the Dreadnought. I just wanted to share these images. Again Thank you for the comments.

Grand Provost Marshal

I hope that you won't mind if I steal this concept. It's just too marvelous!

Brother-Sergeant

No only is one of the better looking conversions it one of the most profitable.

At $305 with only 5 hours left I'm quite impressed. Wish I could afford to bid 310.00.

Thanks again for all the comments, I was inspired by one of the postings here and I decided to combine Landraider and Valkyrie to create the Storm Raven. This conversion is almost done, still deciding on the missile placement and the dreadnought crane. I improved upon an conversion that was posted so here is my version of the Landraider / Valk / Storm Raven.

Honestly, 4 posting image limit is ridiculous.

Side by side comparison with the 90% Valkyrie Storm Raven conversion that I made a last week.

Last edited by patzgcrux; 04-04-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Following images are of the complete conversion.

Pretty much complete, I just need to paint it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast