BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think any of them can. The Realms aren't particularly uniform!
    Its not snow, its the ashes of the burned victims of the Ur-Salamander etc etc

You could also have lakes.

LAKES OF THE TEARS OF THOSE WHO DO NOT LIKE THE GAME.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I heard the Realm of Fire is heated by the impotent rage of people who cry about AoS and GW.

Indeed it is. That's completely and 100% true.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The FLGS I'm at has a snow table, we've even used book scenarios on it, the particular scenario was from the realm of metal, where the stormcasts are walking on a lake of metal which a corrupted space-dragon (I guess they're skydrakes or something? My memory is off, I've been working too hard) is heating up so things start sinking into the metal and dying.

It was pretty easy to just say "the icey-ground is melting and nagash skeletons are popping out of the ice and dragging guys down" but the skaven town was built on warpstone foundations so it's safe.

It also was much cooler than "yeah 3 guys from you squad die" because it was "three skeletons burst from the icy ground and drag the skaven screaming to the icy depths"

Snow terrain looks very sharp imo, I love playing on it.

First-Captain

Thats really cool, last week I played the one with all the fog in the woods, really fun Battleplan, you can't see through the fog so charging and shooting is really hard, but you can set up ambushes in it if you plan ahead, definitely recommend that one, its in the Ghal Maraz book

Looks like the next army Saurian (lizard men) is about to release. Maybe that will be cool? I was starting to wonder how long they would wait to release the next army. Should be all kinds of new books and lore stuff to read about soon.

It's slow as they organize horus heresy and dedicate shipping+warehouse space to space marines.

Lizardmen reboxing seems decent, I'm disappointed there's no "battalion" since that was good value and now there's no "good value" intro box to lizardmen. The individual boxes got a bit better for price-per-mini so that's something.

The battletome price isn't bad either, and they have what I love most, alternate colour schemes for armies

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    1)

This is a type of world building which in design is known as "top down" and it is very popular. Now, if you don't like it, it's fine for you to say that you don't like it, but it's not fine for you to say that this is bland, sloppy, or bad. They've done a very good job of top down world design, providing a great deal of detail for the mortal planes within gorgeous maps, and very well placed and teased top-down lore design. MaRo very famously talked about the first edition of magic, where things like Shivian Dragons excited many people into wonder, "Where is shiv? Why does it have dragons?"

If this type of curiosity doesn't appeal to you then I'm sorry, it appeals to me and it's wonderful. With every page turn there's more to discover within this age and it's very exciting for me.

3) I cannot excite you friend, but if you don't like the design style of the setting then I suppose there's nothing to be done.
    What does it matter if something is popular in this context?

It is completely, 100% OK for him to say that it is bland, sloppy or bad. He could even claim that Age of Sigmar is mayonnaise and that would be OK.

I like Age of Sigmar (mostly) but if someone doesn't like it for some reason it's no skin off my ***.

I lost interest as soon as I knew what it was, good for you for sticking with it this long. I think its a crass game, in a crass setting, so i don't play it. Still love converting and messing about with all the awesome Fantasy models they produce though, which, I'm guessing, probably wouldn't be still being produced if it weren't for AoS.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast