BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Forums are dead, Facebook finally killed them because it is much more useful, most people already have accounts and with Groups and Pages make it a lot easier to organize and talk about a whole host of different things.

Forums don't tell you anything except what the few weirdos who still post on Forums think. Seriously, this forum has what, 20 regular posters? So only a few play Age of Sigmar, only a few played Fantasy and most of the talk then was on lists building, which isn't a factor any more.

Otherwise, I guess Frostgrave has been a massive failure then, because the one post made about that game that I can see didn't get a single reply (However, when the post was turned into an article on blog, generated a ton of shares and likes on Facebook a few comments and lots of views.)

Canary in a coal mine? Maybe, because its mostly empty now and there is just a single person chirping on, ignored by everyone on the surface.

No way dude.

People respond to my posts. I'm totes not on my own.

Plus - biggest boost to FB over Forums? No hiding behind anonymity. People can call you out far more freely if you're being a passive aggressive troll moron (nobody on this thread. Speaking in general terms). You can't claim to be the successful owner of one hundred and eleventytwelve FLGS all of whom no longer stock Company X because reasons - on account we can nip to your profile and see you're just another kid at their parents talking utter mince.

Most importantly? The groups can be national, international, or just you and your 12 bezzie gaming buddies arranging games, discussing games and so on and so froth.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And how much is there to discuss?

If you enjoy the game, you're busy playing it. Without points, many topics of conversation are unnecessary. Consider other games. You have a finite points value to meet, so many conversations revolve around how to make the best use of them. X-Wing, Warmahordes, Infinity, 40k - all ripe for such topics, from 'how to create beardy lists' to 'how do I get the most out of this unit', and myriad topics in between.

AoS? Well, the topic just isn't there. You take whatever you want, with about the only rule for selecting your force being 'don't be an anus to your opponent'.

Background discussion? Well, that's still developing. I've got a thread charting the events of the various books so far (which reminds me - I need to grab Hammers of Sigmar today), but with only two forces (Stormcast Eternals and Bloodbound) having been covered in any depth so far, the potential for chit-chat is far more limited.

And Caitsidhe. If this is 'canaries in a coal mine' - how do you explain the lack of discussion about anything that isn't 40k, whilst also making bold claims that everyone else is seeing business boom? Because you seem to brush that observation off time and again. Can you please link us to the direct evidence you mention? Because as far as I'm aware, GW are the only publisher that posts financial results, other than FFG's parent company - who are going through rapid expansion by buying up other companies.

BoLS has been very quiet the past couple of weeks on the whole. Why? Who knows. None of us have enough info to look into that.
    I can explain the lack of discussion by the fact that most of the other games have official websites and forums they support (and those are not dead). You guys can keep spinning things to make yourselves feel better. I remember when I first brought this up. I believe way back then you told me I was daft and the growing quiet was just seasonal. Right. Now it is because all the chatter from the throngs of growing GW fans has moved to Facebook? I merely comment on a clear trend. You want me to point you towards evidence? You are starting to sound like tobacco companies who insist that there isn't enough evidence to prove smokes cause the cancer. I like the fact that the only remotely active thread here has been one talking about the fact that nobody is posting. As it happens, I am on Facebook too. Funny stuff. I don't see those throngs. Perhaps I am missing these thriving communities. I'll do a few more searches. You guys just keep talking to each other (and yourselves) because it is kind of entertaining to watch. I expect in the end it might be just you and Pathfinder still making regular posts. I'm sure you will have wonderful, thought provoking discussions.

Nice attempt to obscure the issue.

Evidence of the trend that quiet forums = dying games, because it's sounding an awful lot like wishful thinking borne out of a desire to paint GW as incompetent for reasons best known to yourself.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Nice attempt to obscure the issue.

Evidence of the trend that quiet forums = dying games, because it's sounding an awful lot like wishful thinking borne out of a desire to paint GW as incompetent for reasons best known to yourself.
    I'm not attempting to obfuscate anything. I've stated my clear belief and trends I observe. I don't need to paint GW as incompetent. They don't need any help from me.

Trend evidence. Please. Don't make me ask for a fourth time.

Also - biggest player in it's market, still in profit, still expanding it's number of stores. That's....that's not sounding incompetent to me. Particularly as their sales grew in the US last year, and this year there's a lot of decent computer game titles coming out to raise their profile (Warhammer Total War, Vermintide - both of which are getting positive media attention).

So. Counting this as a continuation of the third asking - evidence please to support this trend you claim to have spotted.

Trend evidence. Please. Don't make me ask for a fourth time.

Also - biggest player in it's market, still in profit, still expanding it's number of stores. That's....that's not sounding incompetent to me. Particularly as their sales grew in the US last year, and this year there's a lot of decent computer game titles coming out to raise their profile (Warhammer Total War, Vermintide - both of which are getting positive media attention).

So. Counting this as a continuation of the third asking - evidence please to support this trend you claim to have spotted.

Look around? We should have another financial report too. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro[/url]

Right. Fourth and final time of asking - evidence please to support your assertion that a lack of online chit-chat proves a game has bombed.

Ready when you are.

Any second.

Any second now.

Also, if you could pop back to my point about 'well, without points restrictions, how much is there actually to talk about in the first place?', that'd be great.

Right. Fourth and final time of asking - evidence please to support your assertion that a lack of online chit-chat proves a game has bombed.

Ready when you are.

Any second.

Any second now.

Also, if you could pop back to my point about 'well, without points restrictions, how much is there actually to talk about in the first place?', that'd be great.

Can I scientifically prove it? No. If nothing you are seeing has any affect on you whatsoever... there is literally nothing I could point at that would convince you otherwise. I expect when things are unmistakable you will start saying that GW was brilliant and killed by internet Trolls. This will be my final video comment on it:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj7tun-ePIY[/url]

You'll have to forgive my approach.

You see, I'm a dispute mediator by trade. And that means I like to see evidence, so I can weigh up the claims.

It would have been much quicker for you to just say 'I reckon that....', rather than suggest you had any kind of hard data to back up your seemingly baseless assumption.

Now then. My point about 'well, without points, how much is there to actuall discuss'. If you please.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast