BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I think everyone is losing interest.

When the Oubliette generates more traffic than the game threads, it's double plus bad, to use official Gee-Dub lingo.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post

When the Oubliette generates more traffic than the game threads, it's double plus bad, to use official Gee-Dub lingo.
    Bingo! I recall back in the day when posts about the games, tactics, battle reports and on went so fast and furious I couldn't keep up with them. The canary in the coal mine died.

Brother-Captain

I'm waiting patiently for some interesting fluff. Lizardmen for preference, but I'll take interesting elves or maybe even some vampires. Nicely written Tzneetch or Slaanesh stuff too! I'm not interested in Stormcast because I find super soldiers boring, I'm not interested in Nurgle EVER because GW has very effectively killed the few bits interesting about him long ago, and I am not interested in Khorne because it all becomes one-dimensional.

So at the moment AoS is offering me nothing because it's managing to focus on all the armies I dislike. Coincidently that's the same reason I've stopped playing 40k much too; Space Marines are, with very few exceptions, as dull as dishwater.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Bingo! I recall back in the day when posts about the games, tactics, battle reports and on went so fast and furious I couldn't keep up with them. The canary in the coal mine died.
    I imagine things will pick up a bit again when new 40k starts dropping, ZPGs only good for lols at this stage, like

[url]http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/08/03/the-battle-for-the-realmgates-the-eight-realms/[/url]

and

[url]http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/08/04/the-battle-for-the-realmgates-the-eight-realms-2/[/url]

for example.

Side splitting stuff.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I'm not interested in Nurgle EVER because GW has very effectively killed the few bits interesting about him long ago
    I'm rather miffed that whenever I try to explain to people that Nurgle and Tzeentch dislike each other because Nurgle is all about despair and nightmares and Tzeentch is about hope and dreams, they act like I'm making it up and it can't be true. It's part of the background of those gods! But it's not mentioned much any more. Nurgle is just "diseases all the time!" Which is also why people are confused about how the Horned Rat and Nurgle can co-exist, they don't realize that both gods actually have pestilence as tools to achieve their primary goals (Nurgle wants to spread despair, the Horned Rat wants to elevate his own position and that of the Skaven).

Chapter-Master

The oubliette is mildly entertaining. The rules arguments... not so much.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The oubliette is mildly entertaining. The rules arguments... not so much.
    If only there were rules to argue about splodge, if only there were rules....

Then I guess X-Wing, Malifaux, Infinity and indeed all the other games covered on this board are even moar screweds?

But on topic.....

If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it.

I'd say give it 12 months, then revisit. By then we should be beyond the initial stages, and start to see other forces taking more of a centre stage.

As I've said on similar cases - most you could do is give it a try. If it's not for you, it's not for you.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I imagine things will pick up a bit again when new 40k starts dropping, ZPGs only good for lols at this stage, like

[url]http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/08/03/the-battle-for-the-realmgates-the-eight-realms/[/url]

and

[url]http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2015/08/04/the-battle-for-the-realmgates-the-eight-realms-2/[/url]

for example.

Side splitting stuff.
    Well I see the dance around while rubbing your belly aspect of the game is still alive and well... maybe we're just playing this thing at the wrong level of intoxication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Then I guess X-Wing, Malifaux, Infinity and indeed all the other games covered on this board are even moar screweds?
    For me this has always been a GW board so I don't bother posting much about the other games here since you get better and broader feedback on them elsewhere.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

But on topic.....

If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it.

I'd say give it 12 months, then revisit. By then we should be beyond the initial stages, and start to see other forces taking more of a centre stage.

As I've said on similar cases - most you could do is give it a try. If it's not for you, it's not for you.
    You and I agree here. It is possible that they will manage to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear. I grant that I'm cynical (and given the performance of GW over the last six years) and that I don't think the odds are great. I will admit, however, that there is still time to steer this leaky boat safely through Charybdis and Scylla. They have a hell of a lot to do to pull off this miracle. The first step would be admitting (like an alcoholic) that they have a problem, recognizing the actual problem, and taking the humble steps to address it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    For me this has always been a GW board so I don't bother posting much about the other games here since you get better and broader feedback on them elsewhere.
    Ditto this sentiment. While BOLS has always maintained areas for people to talk about other games, the meat and potatoes and bulk of the bandwidth has always been about Games Workshop products. When I want to talk about Warmachine/Hordes I log into Privateer's site. Likewise I go to other sites specifically designated for the other games. Games Workshop doesn't maintain a site like this so all of us have to be gypsies and find places to talk about their product. This just happens to be the one I settled on for GW.
    Last edited by Caitsidhe; 08-26-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast