BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default who s goes first jink or marker light

it is all in the title in case of using markerlight who goes first
    the tau player who decide to remove the cover
    or
    the the target vehicule who decide to jink or not?

In the case of two rules interacting at the exact same time. The player whose turn it is determines order. I don't have a rule book in front of me, but I clearly remember a statement to that effect in there. Once I find a book I'll find the citation and edit this post.

First-Captain

Jink says " The decision must be made before any to hit rolls have been made".
    Marker lights say " Before a unit shoots, if their target has any markerlight counters next to it, the unit can choose to use a markerlight ability...."

As marker lights can affect BS, they must be declared before any rolls are done so you know what you have to roll. Once you have worked what you need to roll to hit and nominate a target, I say that this is when you would nominate to Jink or not. This is how I have played it. Therefore, I have used marker light hits to remove the Jink cover save before it is nominated as I have to assume they will nominate it.

It's a tricky one but I think it's: Nominate use of marker light tokens - nominate jink - roll to hit.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Jink says " The decision must be made before any to hit rolls have been made".
    Marker lights say " Before a unit shoots, if their target has any markerlight counters next to it, the unit can choose to use a markerlight ability...."

As marker lights can affect BS, they must be declared before any rolls are done so you know what you have to roll. Once you have worked what you need to roll to hit and nominate a target, I say that this is when you would nominate to Jink or not. This is how I have played it. Therefore, I have used marker light hits to remove the Jink cover save before it is nominated as I have to assume they will nominate it.

It's a tricky one but I think it's: Nominate use of marker light tokens - nominate jink - roll to hit.
    That's the way I work it. The tau player has to 'use' the markerlights to remove the cover save before the player even declares they are jinking.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves