BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Get to Play?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily - Almost every day!

0 0%
  • Weekly - About once a week, maybe 2-3 games on a weekend.

12 34.29%
  • Monthly - Once a month, maybe every other weekend.

9 25.71%
  • Yearly - I wish I could play more.

7 20.00%
  • Never - I just paint!

4 11.43%
  • Never - @#$% this game! I play something else now! Rant!

2 5.71%
  • I got to vote!

3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How often do you play?

How often do you get to play? Myself, I try to get in a game once a week, but I get a few more games in when my FLGS has a tournament or league.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Short answer? Not as often as I'd like.

Usually a couple of times a month.

Sadly I work during the week, and am doing overtime on Saturdays for extra money. Dedication to career building (including home study for qualifications) eats into my spare time, as does the 4 hours of commuting every day.

But, looking to get a bigger flat this year, with enough room for a gaming table and space to store scenery, so hopefully I'll be more active in the months to come.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Id love to play everyday, but these things called "life" and "work" get in the gotdamn way! Just wanna yell pew pew and play space barbies errday

Just to be sure, is this how often do you play 40k specifically (it being in the 40k forum) or how often do you play wargames generally?

Occuli Imperator

I wish I could play more often, but friends spawning put paid to that.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    space barbies
    This is my new favourite name for wargaming.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Short answer? Not as often as I'd like.
    Same here. I only get to play one game every 2-3 months, really. Both of my local game stores are so obsessed with MtG, X-Wing, and Warmachine/Hordes that I can rarely ever find a person to play on my schedule (Tuesdays + Wednesdays).
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S View Post
    Just to be sure, is this how often do you play 40k specifically (it being in the 40k forum) or how often do you play wargames generally?
    I was thinking 40k specifically. I play a few other mini and board games on a regular basis but I'd say that 40k gets the bulk of my attention these days.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    This is my new favourite name for wargaming.
    "Imagine being the type of person that gets so mad about fantasy space barbies that they write all that nonsense."

That's Path Walker, BOLS stylemaker,

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?57004-Loving-the-people-upset-about-warhammer-AOS/page5[/url]
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chaplain

With the folding of my last club I have not played in a long while, when I did that was on the board at the GW shop which was a bit cramped for space. The only up side to this is the fact that I have been building the kits that I got last Christmas, Wraithguard, Wraith Lords and Jet Bikes for Guardians and Warlocks (Though I snagged fantasy Eldar for Jet-Locks cause the 40k version had not arrived then). I am 85% of the way through a squad of Wraith Blades at the moment and am at the crunch decision of axes or swords. I just finished a Wraithseer and have another Wraith Lord that needs painting. Then its 20k up the road to a new gaming group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast