BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: 1850 IG Mech...

Default 1850 IG Mech...

Perhaps not the "be-all-end-all", "table-all-comers-by-round-2", "relish-opponents-tears" type list but thinking it might be fun. simple and straight forward what everything goes after.

Astra Militarum: Codex - Combined Arms Detachment

Headquarters: 360 points

Tank Commander - Pask - Vanquisher x2 w/ LC

Troops: 555 points

Veterans Squad - Shotguns x6, MG x3, DC - Chimera w/ ML/HF

Fast Attack: 170 points

Vendetta

Heavy Support: 610 points

Leman Russ Squadron - Battle Tank x2 w/ HF

Leman Russ Squadron - Executioner x2 w/ HF

Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate - Detachment

Elites: 140 points

Culexus Assassin

Tallies up to 1835 out of 1850 points

Could toss dozer blades on all 3 chimeras to help get around better or upgrade the multi-lasers to autocannons to pack more punch.

Intend to keep the commander rather stationary and snipe. it's a shame tank commanders can't take annihilator pattern leman russ

i could drop Pask and take camo netting for the vanquishers but rerolling to hit is really nice. perhaps drop the executioners down to exterminators for 50 points to play with?

Oh well, any thoughts, suggestions, advice, tips, C&C, etc are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

Brother-Captain

I'd arguethe following:

1) Lasguns instead of shotguns on your veterans. I know it's tempting to take that nice x3 shots, but they're range is so weak. I realize that because you have Chimera's this isn't to be too much of an issue, but you can't rely on those APCs sticking around all game. You'll need more range as the game goes on.

2) Remove the heavy flamers from your Leman Russ squadrons. Seriously, they never should come equipped with them, just due to the fact that if you're actually in range to use them then you're using a Leman Russ tank wrong. LRs are all about control at range and picking things off before they get to you. On the off chance that you take a Weapons Destroyed hit on them, then having the Heavy Bolter as backup (stock weapon choice) is better and covers a wider range of target acquisition that a heavy flamer cannot match.

3) I think having the autocannons on your Chimeras makes them a really nice threat, certainly something that any vehicle-heavy opponent is going to have to watch out for -- since they can't ignore Pask or your other tanks for long, nor your Chimeras before they get too close or stay at range; it makes for a decent double-threat at different ranges and forces them to split their attention between the two. If you decide to go autocannons instead of multi lasers that is. But if you do, it will tempt you to not be as aggressive with them in getting those veteran squads danger close and able to perform their battlefield role (as designated by the wargear you've given them).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Yeah, the HF on Leman Russ is something I've seen in meta a couple times and folks say it's about keeping their tanks always moving and using one weapon only. they do loose their tanks rather quickly.

I rather like the sniping vanquishers so decked out the other leman russ tanks to park mostly.

Headquarters: 390 points

Tank Commander - Pask - Vanquisher x2 w/ LC, Camo Netting

Troops: 510 points

Veterans Squad - MG x3, HWT w/ AC - Chimera w/ AC/HF

Fast Attack: 440 points

Hellhound w/ MM

Hellhound w/ MM

Vendetta

Heavy Support: 370 points

Leman Russ Squadron - Battle Tank x2 w/ HB, HB Sponsons, Camo Netting

Officio Assassinorum: Dataslate - Detachment

Elites: 140 points

Culexus Assassin

Tallies up to 1850 points on the dot.

Read a lot of folks and posts that rave about hellhounds (which I don't see around the table) so mixed in a pair to push forward along with the chimera vets.

The ac'chimeras should shine against transports with 4x s7 shots. the MG's might seem odd but don't have points to get 3x PG's for all 3 squads and they will be shooting AC's more often. I could swap the MG's for DC's which are handy against bike squads that end up close by after their turn. All the Vet upgrades after chimera and HWT/AC were just extra left overs really.

the Valkyrie culexus taxi can pick and choose what ever it wants to go after.

all 4 leman russ tanks will sit back and fire all weapons. hopefully all the camo netting will increase survivability.

my thoughts to jump this list up to 2k would be to add a pair of enginseers (w/ 3x servo arms), or a pair of primaris psykers (level 2), or 1 of each, and keep them behind the 4 tanks to help repair or boost them.

I did think about fitting the leman russ tanks like this instead (for same points)...

Tank Commander - Pask - Vanquisher x2 w/ LC, Camo Netting, Pintle Heavy Stubber

Leman Russ Squadron - Battle Tank x2 w/ LC, Camo Netting, Pintle Heavy Stubber

/evil thought...

in my rear left corner I have:

- Tank Commander - Pask - Vanquisher x2 w/ LC, Camo Netting
    - Enginseer w/ 3x Servo-Arm Servitors who are repairing while
    - parked near/in/around fortified ruins

in my rear right corner I have:

- Leman Russ Squadron - Vanquisher x2 w/ LC, Camo Netting
    - Enginseer w/ 3x Servo-Arm Servitors who are repairing while
    - parked near/in/around fortified ruins

guess that list could instead look something like this:

Headquarters: 530 points