BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Wow. I thought GW were riding the light fantastic when they priced the Witch Elves at £35, but that was for a box of ten. This is just.....wow.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Meh.

My Magos set me back £22.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Whaaa? Well, I guess I people pay it, so fair play to GW, might as well make as much profit as they can. It staggers me that people will pay that much, but each to their own.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I bought the Castellant for £23...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

You at least get the pet griffin with that, so you can attempt to rationalise it as £11.50 per model, but £25 on one infantry model.... TBH, I'm kinda glad I'm not collecting GW any more if this is the way things are headed.

Ok.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    You at least get the pet griffin with that, so you can attempt to rationalise it as £11.50 per model, but £25 on one infantry model.... TBH, I'm kinda glad I'm not collecting GW any more if this is the way things are headed.
    They're definitely using the pricing rational of a specialty company. Coupling a high price with lower volume to prop up the bottom line. It works to a point and then you experience diminishing returns... just not sure where that point is for a tabletop miniature game.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

So giant hero models are now not allowed to cost more than one pound per?

I fail to see how this guy is "one infantry model" nor do I understand why you guys will call this "gw pricing" when it's only a couple pounds more than direct competitors.

Large heroic models are always more expensive than box of troops. This guy is clearly an HQ/Rare and has a lot of plastic+detail in him, his wings alone are the size of four terminators, he himself is the size of 1.2 terminators, he has engraved armour, a helmet the size of a scout, and you people are calling him just a trooper?

You're sour and angry at the price, fine, but calling a model like this "just a trooper" is out of line. If I go over to any other company I don't get mad at seeing prices like 18-30 pounds for similar models. And I say "similar" because nobody else produces flying-giant-statuesque-spartans with wings the size of entire space marine squads.

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    And I say "similar" because nobody else produces flying-giant-statuesque-spartans with wings the size of entire space marine squads.
    And here I thought they were Giant Flying Statuesque Romans with wings the size of entire space marine squads...

Darn!

Well, if you paint them gold sure, I've been doing all my chests in fleshtone, you can grate grots on those abs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast