BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The cinematography is off too. It feels like one of those shoddy knock off movies you get. Cheaply made, and with god awful sound effects which don't really match the activity on the screen.

Plus - so far absolutely no empathy for any of the characters, apart from 'Knife Kid' in the school, who clearly has his head screwed on straight.

Final point? FTWD has the same issue as WD - Token Black keeps on getting jobbed.

Kel the Dealer? Toast.
    School Principle? Toast.
    Daughter's Boyfriend? Toast.

Three black characters, two episodes, three deaths. That's pretty poor.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

You know it's taken you saying that to realise it. You're right, three episodes in I don't really care about any of the characters yet.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

And given the mess we know is coming - beautifully realised in The Walking Dead - I just don't see any of them surviving for long.

Junkie Kid? Total liability.
    Dad? Wuss
    Daughter? Wuss
    Mom? Bit better, but still....rather than force Junkie Kid to just go cold turkey and get it over with - no I must provide him with some downers and that to help him through....

The other two - Other Mom and Other Son? Don't really know a great deal about them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The mother to some extent seems to have her head screwed on right. I'm guessing the daughter will either snuff it early(looking for boyfriend) or become badass.
    The father of the spanish?mexican? family seems on the ball but too insular. In fact that family seem more interesting than the "main characters" so far.

Third episode is an improvement. The slow burn is heating up, which on reflection helps the rather tepid first two episodes.

Starting to feel some sympathy and empathy with the main characters - but still don't buy them surviving for very long.

Chapter-Master

The fourth on Monday set an interesting scene.

Haven't seen it yet.

But I am a bit more favourable now the situation is deteriorating.

Still don't rate much of the acting - Junkie Boy can still snuff it for all I care, but it's creeping up the pace. I think my original stance of 'perhaps better binged' may have been on the money.

Chapter-Master

Yeah he's still annoying.

Chapter-Master

With only one more episode left it doesn't look promising. The last episode better have something spectacular if they're hoping for a second series.

The military are kind of reacting how you'd expect at this point, and also hints at how it collapsed against a shambling horde.

Yep. Still just not feeling it.

I kind of like some of the decisions the Military are making (right, get all the complete liabilities - the injured, the sick, the junkies, the scam artists etc - and put them over there to be dealt with. Relatively normal people get to keep on being relatively normal).

Other than that, it's still feeling like a very low budget knock-off, as Transmorphers was to Transformers and that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast