BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Introducing Battle-Comm

To all casual gamers, hobbyists, painters, tournament champions, and generally everyone who loves table top gaming; we’re proud to announce a project we’ve been working on that will enhance your table top gaming experience: [url=http://battle-comm.com/]Battle-Comm[/url].

Battle-Comm is a membership based website designed to be a one-stop shop for just about anything table top gaming related. We’re developing a number of tools to allow you play games, run events, track rankings, and a whole host of similar tools designed to cultivate the gaming community for everyone from hardcore tournament players to the most casual of hobbyists.

[url]http://battle-comm.com/[/url]

We know people will have a lot of questions and we will answer as many of them as possible. We are also currently scheduled to appear on the Frontline Gaming Podcast Friday Sept. 11 where we will discuss detailed information about the Battle-Comm system, closed beta scheduled to begin in October, and upcoming contests with Reece and Frankie!
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    To all casual gamers, hobbyists, painters, tournament champions, and generally everyone who loves table top gaming; we’re proud to announce a project we’ve been working on that will enhance your table top gaming experience: [url=http://battle-comm.com/]Battle-Comm[/url].

Battle-Comm is a membership based website designed to be a one-stop shop for just about anything table top gaming related. We’re developing a number of tools to allow you play games, run events, track rankings, and a whole host of similar tools designed to cultivate the gaming community for everyone from hardcore tournament players to the most casual of hobbyists.

[url]http://battle-comm.com/[/url]

We know people will have a lot of questions and we will answer as many of them as possible. We are also currently scheduled to appear on the Frontline Gaming Podcast Friday Sept. 11 where we will discuss detailed information about the Battle-Comm system, closed beta scheduled to begin in October, and upcoming contests with Reece and Frankie!
    Ah you lost me at membership based.

Good luck with that.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

We probably should specify that it's free membership. In order to track stats, we need to be able to tie players to a specific profile, but there's no charge to create that profile. Just put in a user name and password, and you can make use of all the tournament tools, ranking systems, etc.

There will, down the road, be a level of paying membership, but there won't be a bunch of features locked behind it. Instead, that level of membership will go into a reward point system where you can earn credit towards buying product, kind of like frequent flyer miles. But we very much do not want to drive people away thinking they have to pay to earn rankings, use tournament tools, etc. Those features are 100% free.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

DarkLink is spot on. The free version of Battle-Comm includes will include everything but the Reward Point System. Stats, Event tools, Club tools, etc. for all supported systems will be free. Free, free, free!

Battle-Comm is a MMORPG+Table Top Gaming combo. In an MMORPG PvP reward system you collect reward points in various ways that you can then use to purchase in game items. In the Battle-Comm reward system you collect reward points in various ways linked to table top gaming that you can then use to purchase real world hobby product.

A few quick examples of ways you can collect reward points in the Battle-Comm system ...

Playing one of the supported table top games at home or FLGS/Café earns you 'X' number of reward points for a W/D/L.
    Participating in a FLGS/Café (This could be a Tournament, Hobby , Narrative/Campaign, etc. event) event earns you 'X' number of reward points.
    Running an event at an FLGS/Café (Tournament, Hobby, Narrative/Campaign, etc. event) earns you 'X' number of reward points.

There will be Achievements/Titles just like in an MMORPG, they will be linked to Individual/Game System/Club/FLGS/Café achievements. You will earn reward points for certain Achievements.

That's just scratching the surface, but I think you get the idea. I also dig your profile pic, heh heh.

Bryce