BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Question about Azrael

If Azrael is in a building or fortification (i.e. the Fortress of Redemption) would he convey the 4+ invulnerable save to that building or fortification like he would a vehicle?

His entry in the codex states that if embarked in a vehicle that vehicle also gets the 4+ invulnerable save
    There is no spoon

Occuli Imperator

The Lion Helm confers a 4+ invulnerable save to Azrael and his unit.

Since a building or a transport can't be part of Azrael's unit they wouldn't benefit it just because he is near by.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Er, I believe the OP is asking if he would confer the save when embarked within the building. As his entry states it does confer to a transport he is embarked in, and buildings count as immobile transports, I think it would confer. Could make for a pretty tough building, especially if it had a void shield through Stronghold Assault.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Occuli Imperator

Maybe then, but it does seem quite expensive to leave him camped in a fortification, unless the objective is there?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yeah, probably, but then if the situation arises, it is nice to know what actually happens.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Occuli Imperator

It would make sense that it follows that as it specifically applies to transports that it would do to buildings, but then I guess someone would argue that while you treat buildings and fortifications as immobile transports, that doesn't mean that they *are* and so would not actually count in terms of this

I need to find my rulebook but I'm pretty sure there is a phrase with something along the lines of buildings following all the rules for transports. If that is the case, then I think it does apply. It was there in 6th I'm pretty sure, not so sure for 7th.

Thinking about it, if you know the enemy must come towards your building for whatever reason, it would actually be quite handy to place Azrael there, because all buildings are now assault 'vehicles', so he could charge anything that came near. Would require a fairly specific scenario though, like playing a Siege Assault Vanguard list and placing the Siege objective behind your bunker.

Occuli Imperator

I always thought putting Azrael in a big guard blob was a cruel thing, but this might be worse...

The bit about buildings being treated as vehicles is still in the rules

Battle-Brother

thanks guys, I haven't had a chance to look in the rule book yet. I think this is a good option that I will try out soon.
    There is no spoon