BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default A Legion of Praetorians- very pic heavy

When I first started painting armies some years back, I was contacted to paint up a few old-school Praetorian Imperial Guard.

I played Imperial guard back when the Praetorians were first released (originally meant in the limited edition box set). I'm also a big fan of the film Zulu! that inspired them (Michael Caine is always good).

So I was excited. I figured I wouldn't get a lot of chances to paint Praetorians again, since they were no longer being made, and they weren't ever produced as a regular line of imperial guardsmen.

Somehow, I was very wrong. He has expanded his force many times, with more classic out-of-print minis than I thought I'd ever end up seeing.

Now, I like me some close ups, and I did put a warning about this thread being pic heavy, so:

www.GardenNinja.com

Librarian

www.GardenNinja.com

Chapter-Master

Great work! I really enjoy seeing a well done Praetorian army! Haven't finished mine yet... attention span of a child here.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

True inspiration! I have some PG I wanted to make into an astra militarum army but never got around to it.

I am instead thinking of running them as 30k guard allies for my DA legion.

I will use some of your work as inspiration, if you don't mind^^

Librarian

I can definitely see them working well as 30k guard- with their old steampunky pith helmets.

www.GardenNinja.com