BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Clanrat bum rush of death and enevitability army concept/build

So it what is either a fit of pure brilliance or madness I've come up with how to make a next to unstoppably brave skaven army, downside it's a single unit, I'm calling this army the clanrat bum rush of death, the idea came to me when I was watching a video on YouTube by a guy called arch warhammer in his empire playthrough of modded total war kingdoms (specifically the rage of the dark gods mod which I hope warhammer total war proper is better then) but I had a idea while watching it, so in AOS your general can be any model (I.e a clanrat claw leader) and can use inspiring presence on any unit within 12 (which means if the general is a unit champion it should be able to inspiring presence the unit it's in) so basically my plan is to match the enemy army in wound/model count with a single really big unit of clanrats that constantly gets inspiring presenced by its claw leader meaning they don't take any notice of incoming fire and just charge straight into combat in a giant wave, I recon it's a idea that warrants testing and could do semi well

Could work quite nicely - and keep the Clawleader right in the centre, nice and safe!

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It is a extremely skavenie tactic isn't it, you can imagine the warlord of the clan somewhere away from the battle rubbing his paws together about getting rid of a rival clans contingent
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    So it what is either a fit of pure brilliance or madness I've come up with how to make a next to unstoppably brave skaven army, downside it's a single unit, I'm calling this army the clanrat bum rush of death, the idea came to me when I was watching a video on YouTube by a guy called arch warhammer in his empire playthrough of modded total war kingdoms (specifically the rage of the dark gods mod which I hope warhammer total war proper is better then) but I had a idea while watching it, so in AOS your general can be any model (I.e a clanrat claw leader) and can use inspiring presence on any unit within 12 (which means if the general is a unit champion it should be able to inspiring presence the unit it's in) so basically my plan is to match the enemy army in wound/model count with a single really big unit of clanrats that constantly gets inspiring presenced by its claw leader meaning they don't take any notice of incoming fire and just charge straight into combat in a giant wave, I recon it's a idea that warrants testing and could do semi well
    It seems thematically correct. It is also pretty much the tactic that I have been seeing for most armies of late. Most combats end up a single big scrum in the middle. So fewer, but larger, units which have been immunized (or at least the threat decreased) from running away while closing is pretty much mandatory. At least with the Skaven it is appropriate for their behavior. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself facing a lot of builds like it.

The issue you'll run into is in the the Battleplans what require different victory conditions, and of course, where is the fun sneakiness of a Skaven army? Whats the point of your Army? Is it to win any battle you have?

Plus, you're then forgoing all the fun of the Skaven - like your Super-Weapons and Rat Ogres and that

But to echo Filthy Casual - if all your games are becoming a central scrum, you're definitely doing it wrong.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Why clanrats and not stormvermin?

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    Why clanrats and not stormvermin?
    Because unfortunately I have no stormvermin, my skaven have always be based around a large horde of clanrats, partially because I'm not paying a bit over $80 au for twenty models I'll need sixty of when I can get the same number of clanrats for $50 au, and partially because I like the look of clanrats with their lack of armour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Casual View Post
    The issue you'll run into is in the the Battleplans what require different victory conditions, and of course, where is the fun sneakiness of a Skaven army? Whats the point of your Army? Is it to win any battle you have?
    The point of this idea is just something that I think could do well, but is also a really funny idea, because I'd rather loose in a stupid way or win in a stupid way then win via a serious manner (well that's how I field my skaven most of the time anyway) that and this idea has potential in the games over a couple sodas with a friend I have of being a hilarious story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But to echo Filthy Casual - if all your games are becoming a central scrum, you're definitely doing it wrong.
    Most of the games I play become a one sided fleeing fest with my skaven, my undead are a finess army in AOS my skaven I'm still trying to find a tactic for, I'm also planing to test a skryre army of eight weapon teams, a lightning cannon, Ikit claw and a meat shield of clanrats
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Meat shield seems about right for Skaven, particularly as one can now shoot into and out of combat.

May also be worth investing in some Stormfiends. Plenty of shootiness, and no slouch when it comes to punching someone up the bracket.

I plan to get Stormfiends but first I have to repaint all my undead to actually have the same colour scheme before I can get more miniatures (that's part of how my budget works, have to finish a project before starting another) another thing I was thinking of getting for supper shoots skryre is another couple of ratling guns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast