BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Advice About Personality & Career Development

Hi, I just thought of learning more in terms of my personality and career. I wanted to improve on how to get along with others and deal with my co employees. I also want to improve my skills and personality style at work. I'm interested about a self study tools and guidelines that I found online and I want to know more about it. Has anyone here given it a try or familiar with such learning tools? I would greatly appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Occuli Imperator

To paraphrase Jung, there are no personality types, but states so how you react to people is dependent on myriad other things. Essentially Myers-Briggs are just as accurate as horoscopes.

Top tips.
    1. Listen
    2. Think
    3. Respond

Someone's perception is their reality, even if it is wrong, so there is no use telling people not to feel x because that doesn't help.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

How about [URL="http://www.hrdqstore.com/communication-style.html"]communication styles[/URL]? I saw some instruction materials that seem really helpful. I'm not really an outgoing person so maybe it'll help me get along with my co employees.

Chaplain

There is a podcast called "The Art of Charm" its exactly what you want.

Brother-Sergeant

There are courses that you can attend that will help you do exactly what you are looking for... I've attended this one and it was amazing.

Here's a promo video of the next one... Not sure where you live, but there's plenty of time to make arrangements.

[url]http://www.fesuniversity.com/trainings/communication-mastery.html[/url]