BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the entire forum has been quiet for the last few days. I'm not sure if this means there is some big seasonal thing on overseas, or just a natural lull. It happens. Give it a week or two longer before you start crowing.
    just people tired I'd say
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I just haven't had any ideas worth sharing
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Too busy painting my Stormcast Host.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    No idea if it's any indicator of anything or not. Still have yet to see a AoS game played at any of my local stores personally. Doesn't mean it's not being played, just that I have not seen it. Personally I moved over to KoW and am pretty happy with it so far. To each their own obviously.
    If you like KoW checkout DBA and the fantasy variant Hordes of The Things. Also Impetus, and Pz8 Fantasy.

I find that most people who liked WHFB hate jumping into KoW and by extension Historical wargaming, but if you're enjoying the jump then there's a lot of ocean to check out

DBA was my very first wargame. Memories.

I have been into historicals for many, many years . Not a fan of DBA/DBM though. I prefer Hail Caesar, Black Powder, Bolt Action, Flames of War, Force on Force, Napoleon at War and a few others personally. Used to like WAB, but again GW just likes to kill off products where it can't force players to pay through the nose for the privilege of playing.

Brother-Sergeant

I have decided to go back to Classichammer (6th WFB and 3rd/4th 40K) so I don't have a lot to add to any threads here. I have another forum which, while lacking in numbers since just recently being started, is geared specificially towards older versions of the games not covered by Oldhammer or apparently getting any conversations on this site. Hell, there isn't even a subforum to discuss older versions of the game. THAT is why I'm not posting more often.

Also:

[url]www.classichammer.com[/url]

This is where I get that fix, but we're small enough that convos are sporatic even if good.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Just Tony View Post
    I have decided to go back to Classichammer (6th WFB and 3rd/4th 40K) so I don't have a lot to add to any threads here. I have another forum which, while lacking in numbers since just recently being started, is geared specificially towards older versions of the games not covered by Oldhammer or apparently getting any conversations on this site. Hell, there isn't even a subforum to discuss older versions of the game. THAT is why I'm not posting more often.

Also:

[url]www.classichammer.com[/url]

This is where I get that fix, but we're small enough that convos are sporatic even if good.
    Good luck with that JT, I would visit it, but my company's firewall prevents me visiting game related websites.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Good luck with that JT, I would visit it, but my company's firewall prevents me visiting game related websites.
    Really?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

My big problem is how immature the oldhammer/classichammer/whateveryouwanttocallit community has become. It's incredibly fragmented with everyone having their own belief as to what old-warhammer should mean. Nobody can agree on what edition is "the best" (most will answer third or sixth, but there's no overwhelming majority) and many of them are exceedingly hostile about what toy soldiers you use.

I used to think the "oldhammer movement" was what I was looking for, but then I realized they're mostly a group of angry, elitist, rude people who I much rather never play a game with. It seems that if I want to run a D&D styled battle where people lead squads and discover hidden monsters and treasure during gameplay, well I have to convince my friends to play because if I try and find someone who is into old hammer they'll get mad at literally everything

A shame really, because I don't have anything against old versions of rules, but since it's impossible for old hammerers to agree on what they like it just ends up being a headache and I'm better off ignoring them. I also have to mention that such a hostile mindset only serves to drive most people away which results in a diminishing niche community.

However for age of sigmar, I'm going to be buying some bloodletters soon, in november I'll buy a bloodthirster or skarbrand or a celestant prime, I'm not sure which yet , and I'm quite excited to see what they'll be releasing next!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast