BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default So no one's posted anything here for a week?

Encouraging.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Your point being?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Your point being?
    I'm encouraged.

Yours?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Just a whiff of confirmation bias is all.

There's activity on the existing threads after all. And prior to End Times, this part of the forum was D.E.D.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Just a whiff of confirmation bias is all.

There's activity on the existing threads after all. And prior to End Times, this part of the forum was D.E.D.
    I read once that a cadaver will pass gas now and then too. You must have a finer view of this place Mr. Mystery because it looks about the same amount of dead to me as it looked prior to the End Times. We could go and count posts. I'm willing to bet there isn't a significant change between the number of average posts prior to the brief End Times spike and now.

It would also be interesting to do a pie chart of the people involved in what few posts that do exist in this section. I think that would be rather illuminating too.

There'd be a fair count of people who said they wouldn't enjoy it before it was released saying they don't enjoy it, and suggesting those who enjoy it for it is are somehow shills and stooges, and not people with their own opinion and that.

I'd put money on that.

There'd be a fair count of people who said they wouldn't enjoy it before it was released saying they don't enjoy it, and suggesting those who enjoy it for it is are somehow shills and stooges, and not people with their own opinion and that.

I'd put money on that.
    Perhaps but it still seems to just be you and me doing most of the talking. This entire little exercise has been Games Workshop remaking the film, "Weekend At Bernies". They took something dead and made a big deal about taking it out of the building to convince people it was still alive. Ostensibly this was to try and divert attention so nobody would think THEY killed it. Then they dressed the same dead thing up in all new clothes and walked it around for awhile to keep up the pretense. In the film, they even had an ex-girlfriend come in for some necrophilia and unknowingly say "he was never better". Lo and behold we have had a few people say that in the remake also.

The problem is you can only pretend someone/something isn't dead for so long before people figure it out and you have to come clean.

Brother-Captain

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the entire forum has been quiet for the last few days. I'm not sure if this means there is some big seasonal thing on overseas, or just a natural lull. It happens. Give it a week or two longer before you start crowing.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I would say the lack of posts here is reflection on the community, not the game. I'm more worried about how many games are played at my store than how many posts these threads get.

40k had one game, Age of Sigmar had well over 20, and that was Saturday alone.

You can monger about which game is better, which game is dead, whether WHFB ending was bad or not, but all I care about are whether I can play games and have fun. Maybe my store is dramatically and radically different from all the rest, but I don't care. I've got awesome fantasy models, great opponents, and amazing games.

We're humans, we're hobbyists, there's no military oaths binding us to games, play what you like, but don't attack me for playing what I like, after all I can just as easily return to my historicals and ignore 28mm all together.

I don't feel the need to create threads here as there a number of people who wander into the sigmar forums for no purpose other than to insult the game, there are between 50 and 250 posts a day to the age of sigmar facebook group, which is very aggressively moderated. Another place I follow has over 400 sigmar posts a day. One of my private clubs has about 20-40 sigmar posts a day. This one place, has a lull in posts for the week.

Is it because the game isn't popular? Or is it because a selection of caustic personalities infest the site?

Most of the people that I know that are playing AoS with us in our campaigns don't ever post on internet forums because they got tired of being trolled every day for being shills. Heck we even got someone sending us an email wishing cancer on us for supporting GW and planning an AoS campaign because it sends GW the message that people do enjoy the product which we shouldn't do for some reason.

As NSC posted above, I'm in a few FB groups as well that have a lot of traffic. I'm not surprised forums don't get much AoS traffic because the feeling is that on any general wargaming forum there are a few people ready to pounce on anyone that has anything positive to say so largely don't bother going to forums anymore.

Over the weekend we had 12 people in our GW store prepping for our AoS campaign and we have 25 signed up for the event, had an active hobby day where one person was putting an entire chaos fortress together, and in general it was a fun time - so thats really also all that I care about.
    Last edited by Auticus; 09-14-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast