BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Then you have to worry about your order of punching.

In order to win the game, you're gonna have to get crackin' with the knackin' - so combat is the order of the day.

But if you over commit, you risk your best units taking a mauling before they can swing. How best to avoid that, whilst exploiting it against your opponent? It's something I've still not fully figured out, but I'm enjoying the learning curve. I've started to include small units of Gnoblars for sacrificial purposes - use them to pull my opponents line out of joint, allowing my various Ogres the chance to beat up the stuff I really want to beat up.

It's almost as if skirmishes now perform their historical role, isn't it? Charge his flanks, and force the rest of the charged unit to bunch up to engage with as many models as possible, exposing targets behind previously safe from harm.

But definitely no tactics here. Nope. Not a one. All just a mid-board brawl. Definitely.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Attendance and interest is way up for AOS over what we had locally for WHFB (Kingston Ontario). We were able to get a mutually agreed up and developed basic comp structure for tourney play and had one successful tourney thus far with a slow grow campaign culminating in a tourney for some of the newer players (yes we have new players now!) build up their forces.

I for one have totally abandoned several forums just due to the outright negativity that gets thrown every time something positive about this game gets talked about... this is actually one of the last forums I check regularly now.

Well, we're a friendly bunch here on BoLS, so do stick around

Even where there's....animated disagreements, it's nowhere near as toxic as elsewhere. We've got a decent, fair handed Mod team, and we're largely self policing to boot
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, we're a friendly bunch here on BoLS, so do stick around

Even where there's....animated disagreements, it's nowhere near as toxic as elsewhere. We've got a decent, fair handed Mod team, and we're largely self policing to boot
    What he said. Mr. Mystery and I rarely agree on much but we can keep it civil. Most other people do too.

1 of the things I enjoy about age of sigmar its now chaos dominates everything in some way and others are pushing it back rather then the typical good tramples all evil goody goody two shoes story this is the fluff that I enjoy, make the ambitions of good work for there victory's rather then giving it to them.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    1 of the things I enjoy about age of sigmar its now chaos dominates everything in some way and others are pushing it back rather then the typical good tramples all evil goody goody two shoes story this is the fluff that I enjoy, make the ambitions of good work for there victory's rather then giving it to them.
    I was under the impression that the background clearly stipulates that chaos CANT possibly win this time, that it is no longer a real world ending threat and that it is essentially neutered.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quite the opposite.

The Realmgates are a calculated gamble on Sigmar's behalf.

The Chaos forces we see at the moment aren't at their peak. Having all but triumphed, they did what Chaos does and turned on each other in lieu of more worthy foes. This could still all go horribly, and very easily wrong for Sigmar.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Khorne Bloodbound are all about the synergy. Bloodreavers in particular are very impactive when used in conjunction with other units/heroes. It really is quite thematic as well as the way to beat them is to disrupt that synergy. They're powerful as a rampaging horde but are much weaker when disrupted.
    So essentially M:TG with minis? That's kind of the vibe I got with the new rules. I'm not saying that rule system is better/worse than others, but it is most assuredly not what I'm into.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I was under the impression that the background clearly stipulates that chaos CANT possibly win this time, that it is no longer a real world ending threat and that it is essentially neutered.
    Thats basically it. If Chaos gets too strong and you are on the brink of defeat, just close your front door. For some reason they can not get in and just start fighting themselves while you comfortably wait and build an army. When they are weak again pour out of your hiding place and show them!
    There is nothing at stake anymore and the maximum the good guys will lose are some random unknown realms which is as interesting as "wow planet Snooze was eaten by tyranids!"
    In the end most suff is pretty much dull as not even death matters and you stop caring. It is a bit like the Phoenix Lords, Daemon princes,.. in 40k that get killed in nearly every book just to prove that "we kill special characters too!" while SCs that do not have immortality get out unharmed.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Just Tony View Post
    So essentially M:TG with minis? That's kind of the vibe I got with the new rules. I'm not saying that rule system is better/worse than others, but it is most assuredly not what I'm into.
    I've never played Magic so I couldn't deny or confirm that. Magic is very popular in the US as I understand it so that might be deliberate. That is how only one faction operates all the Warscrolls are free have a look there might be something that takes your fancy. If you don't like it you don't like it though but it won't cost you anything to find out
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast