BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

I clicked on the first discussion of the new Tau releases I saw ("The new tau so far are pretty disappointing"). Some people think the new release looks underpowered, some think it's overpowered, some think we can't form any judgement yet. It's mostly civil, with some dumb ribbing.

If the backdrop was white and blue instead of grey and yellow, I'd assume it was BoLS.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I clicked on the first discussion of the new Tau releases I saw ("The new tau so far are pretty disappointing"). Some people think the new release looks underpowered, some think it's overpowered, some think we can't form any judgement yet. It's mostly civil, with some dumb ribbing.

If the backdrop was white and blue instead of grey and yellow, I'd assume it was BoLS.
    Yeah...nobody wants grey and yellow BalLs

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But then, Dakkadakka is the cesspit of the war gaming inter webs. Full of pointlessly angry neckbeards, proclaiming their hatred of all things GW from the safety of Mother's House.
    Worse than warseer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Graaah. I've got accounts on BoLS, Dakka, B&C and Warseer, and the most significant difference is BoLS's unwarranted superiority complex.
    But it's totally warranted due to us being better than them

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Much worse. At least when I haunted it's halls.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I'm with psycho on this one. We are better (hurriedly heads off to make the same claim on the other three with his accounts there..........).
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

lols, all with the same name?

Brother-Captain

The fluff section on Dakkadakka is fine, and the sculpting and painting sections arguably better populated than BoSL. I can't comment on the 'tactical' bits though because I have learnt not to go anywhere REMOTELY near them.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

So it's just like the rules threads?

Brother-Captain

It's the same all over.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, but great hobby is there if you look.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    It's the same all over.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, but great hobby is there if you look.
    Yeah, I can get behind this. I find that the trolls treat it like a game, the people who are pleasant a hobby.

You're not painting figures for a game, you're painting your toy soldiers. YOUR toy soldiers. It can be very personal and possessive, but too many people just slap on a GW suggested painting scheme and push around nameless guys.

The hobby is a lot more fun when you paint your guys how you like and name them, then you get sweet stories like the ratling weapon team who killed a doomwheel--in melee combat.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast