BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

all i hear is salt coming from red marines.
    the death mask is still op, you have unique variants of the predator, extra elites slots, you dont have to paint your models blue to get access to the mst versitile and powerful units i n your codex, you have advantages, kids.
    so i nstead of getting online and crying how much your codex sucks compared to codex blahblahblah, maybe you should read yourdex and think critically. if youre that bent up about it, switch to the vanilla dex. enough said.

You're playing Blood Angels.

Not Space Marines.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakachu View Post
    the death mask is still op
    Can you provide an example on when this has been OP? I mean aside from Dante, only sanguinary guard get them and those have always been easy to snuff out at range.

In all the games I've played, deathmasks had no actual use. Either it is largely irrelevant (ATSKNF) or the army has large fearless bubbles/high leadership value. The only time I think this works is against a horde guard list but I have no clue if this is even in the current global meta at the moment.

Default Fixes

The Blood Angels took a huge hit with this codex. They lost certain things which gave them character in an effort to homogenize "Codex" chapters. It ignores the fluff that allows some variance due to ethos or availability of equipment.

BA used to be able to take Sanguinary Priests in numbers which often allowed most squads access to one. It played a huge role in their aggressive assault theme.

They could take Assault as Troops (which would give them the same perks as Troops). Vanilla Marines can do this with bikes (if commander is on bike) so why can't BAs do it with jump packs? It is a minor variance that made them unique.

The loss of Deep Striking Land Raiders was more fluff removal. Sure, most folks wouldn't drop a LR ever....but some do play the fluff. That option could have been left in.

The game itself has a big flaw that affects Assault based armies. The random distance roll. It could easily be fixed for Jump Pack/Fleet/equipment-based units: let them get a full 8" move while foot-sloggers get 6". Face it, Marines don't stop because someone trips - they charge full on. This one change would make Assault very relevant again.

Another change (pure fluff) would be the old random Death Company. Yes, it would hurt those that build full DC armies (they could get an exception) but it embraced the randomness of the curse.

The BAs could also scrap some characters that are useless in games (Sanguinor).

Give the Techmarine a beamer.

Return the Reclusiarch.

Make ONE Tycho.

These tiny things would return them to being unique instead of sub-par Smurfs that lack access ro EVERYTHING.

Honestly for me it's just part of the cycle of poor game design that's caused me to play maybe 5 games (only one with my Blood Angels) since the codex dropped. Nothing I can do in the 'dex excites me and the random nonsense I see in the dwindling number of 40k games around here doesn't inspire either. I bought the two new Blood Angel squad boxes (Tacs and Terms) and enjoyed painting them, but other companies get my game money and game time at the moment.

Chapter-Master

the death mask is still op, you have unique variants of the predator, extra elites slots, you dont have to paint your models blue to get access to the mst versitile and powerful units i n your codex, you have advantages, kids.
    so i nstead of getting online and crying how much your codex sucks compared to codex blahblahblah, maybe you should read yourdex and think critically. if youre that bent up about it, switch to the vanilla dex. enough said.
    I actually don't mind most of the book honestly. It's just that it's original sin is the removal of what I loved about Blood Angels. The ubiquitous assault marine.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Occuli Imperator

Yes, I have come to love having my assault marines as troops

It is all part of the ebb and flow of the long war
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You're playing Blood Angels.

Not Space Marines.
    Just Worse Space Marines.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Just Worse Space Marines.
    Red ones go faster?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

enough said.
    Enough from you at least.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast