BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Dr Who?

Librarian

Default Dr Who?

It was only when I happened to catch this picture on Faeit that I thought, yeah, they are just Cybermen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyberman.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	15837
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quite large differences between them.

Cybermen have minimal organic content - often just the skull and spine remain after conversion. They also have their emotions excised/bypassed (depending on the story) due to the horrific nature of their continuing existence.

About the closest GW approximation would be Mechanicum Thallax, a divergent evolution of Power Armour, which has much the same side effects and conversion process.

Stormcast Eternals? No tinkering with their mental make up. They have memories of their previous lives. They can take their armour on and off. They're beefed up and buffed up - but unlike Astartes or Cybermen, still fundamentally human underneath it all. Well. At least until they've been reforged a few times - that side is still being built up in the ongoing background.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Quite large differences between them.

Cybermen have minimal organic content - often just the skull and spine remain after conversion. They also have their emotions excised/bypassed (depending on the story) due to the horrific nature of their continuing existence.

About the closest GW approximation would be Mechanicum Thallax, a divergent evolution of Power Armour, which has much the same side effects and conversion process.

Stormcast Eternals? No tinkering with their mental make up. They have memories of their previous lives. They can take their armour on and off. They're beefed up and buffed up - but unlike Astartes or Cybermen, still fundamentally human underneath it all. Well. At least until they've been reforged a few times - that side is still being built up in the ongoing background.
    Everything you say has a more than even chance of being actually true.

But I take one look at that face, then one look at this face

Name:	cyberman.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	15838

and I'm back to Cyberman.

Poor Danny.

Name:	Mr Pink.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	15839

On closer inspection of the original illo, I think it's the lack of nose that swings it for me.

Name:	cyberman.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	15840

It seems to be a feature of the Paladin Protectors, the Decimators have regular stormfaces, the Retributors have that funky lightning 'fro fringe, and the Protectors look like Cybermen.

Now I know.

And knowing's half the battle.
    Last edited by Cutter; 09-18-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

You will be deleted

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    You will be deleted
    A bit like Warhammer.

Too soon?

Makes me want to buy one and paint it silver with a single oil "tear" leaking from the eye...

In other news, Doctor Who is back tomorrow night, and I can barely contain my excitement.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    A bit like Warhammer.

Too soon?
    It's gonna be too soon for a little longer still.

Yeah, the helmets would work well for Cybermen. The Paldrons are way too big for Dr. Who, but the faces are very cybermen.

www.GardenNinja.com