BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it isn't irrelevant, the model was always going to have wings.
    Agreed. I like it, probably because it has quite a retro GW aesthetic. For me, probably the best thing the studio has put out since the End Crimes.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    "A" Story? Maybe.
    "HIS" Story? Nope.
    Look at the wings, that's not battle damage, they're chained together, he's had his wings clipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Casual View Post
    Look at the wings, that's not battle damage, they're chained together, he's had his wings clipped.
    Nah, his deal is that he pissed off Khorne, who threw him into the air for a week. Wings were shredded on landing.

Chains and spikes just have a way of showing up on anything that hangs out around a Chaos faction.

Brother-Sergeant

When I imagined Skarbrand's wings I always thought of Gabriel from the movie Constantine.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGz8KB_b4Zk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGz8KB_b4Zk[/URL]

The imagery from teh fluff that always came to me was them burning up on re-entry (as such) so the wings as modelled do actually fit that image as well.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Chains and spikes just have a way of showing up on anything that hangs out around a Chaos faction.
    Yeah, there's more chains and whips on the newer Khorne releases than a bondage convention...

When I imagined Skarbrand's wings I always thought of Gabriel from the movie Constantine.
    Kind of. I imgined them rather asymmetrical. One halfway intact but shredded and the other mutilated to a stump so you can actually see that he had 2 wings which are now unusable.
    The problem with chaos here is that creatures with tiny, shredded, chained or skeletal wings still fly, so even a single stump would suggest that is is denied to him.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Kind of. I imgined them rather asymmetrical. One halfway intact but shredded and the other mutilated to a stump so you can actually see that he had 2 wings which are now unusable.
    The problem with chaos here is that creatures with tiny, shredded, chained or skeletal wings still fly, so even a single stump would suggest that is is denied to him.
    Yeah, Chaos treats physics as set of suggestions.

I like the idea of a stump and a shredded wing - if I get one I think I might look into modelling it that way
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://instme.com/profile/well_of_eternity"]Well of Eternity[/URL] (instagram) 9-23-2015
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Pics show some interesting detail, but the whole still doesn't quite work for me.

Maybe it's the beard - it's just sort of hanging down, negating a sense of movement. Would like to see a simple beardless conversion myself.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Pics show some interesting detail, but the whole still doesn't quite work for me.

Maybe it's the beard - it's just sort of hanging down, negating a sense of movement. Would like to see a simple beardless conversion myself.
    stiff as a board, all the dried blood

Khorne took his wings, and now you want his goatee?

You zir, have no zole.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast